• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Bury fan in peace.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I see that a "Bury AFC" has applied and been accepted in a 10th tier league, Not a phoenix club per say at the moment as Bury is still around until those in power decide what to do with them as they've renaged on the terms of their CVA
Good to hear. I was worried that they might prevaricate in the hope they'd get their original club back.

LOG

Very well known Exeweb poster
I think they're hoping that Bury FC will be liquidated and then, subject to finding the funding, they want to buy Gigg Lane.

Colesman Ballz

I think they're hoping that Bury FC will be liquidated and then, subject to finding the funding, they want to buy Gigg Lane.
If they haven't already done so, they should apply to have Gigg Lane listed as an "asset of community value" thereby stymieing it's commercial redevelopment potential and keeping it's value down. No doubt the Council would be happy to support such a move.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Review for the EFL on governance and Bury FC. No idea if we'll ever see the full report

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Looks like CBF who hold the mortgage for Gigg Lane have gone in to administration. This could be a positive for the new Bury FC.

Red Devon

Bury hoping to start next season in the National League having applied for membership before the March 31 deadline according to the Sun newspaper.

Oldsmobile-88

Bury hoping to start next season in the National League having applied for membership before the March 31 deadline according to the Sun newspaper.
Under normal circumstances the National League would not touch them with a barge pole..But in these times,who knows ?

Red Devon

Under normal circumstances the National League would not touch them with a barge pole..But in these times,who knows ?
Steve Dale seems to think it all hinges on him resigning club owner.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
{Sigh}

Statement from Bury FC

Oldsmobile-88

{Sigh}

Statement from Bury FC

I’m getting confused..I thought they were cleared to play in the North West Counties League groundsharing with Ramsbottom ?