• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Straw in the wind. Billy Sharp assaulted by a fan.

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
You may like to visit #45 again.🙂
Yes your post #45 was exactly right. Apologies, I meant to refer to post #49

i8cornwall

Yes your post #45 was exactly right. Apologies, I meant to refer to post #49
I did think you had potentially made a mistake there 😂

If the club wish to ban me then so be it, they know who I am anyway. Though as you have pretty much alluded to they won't issue any bans for the barrow game for running on the pitch at full time.

Somthing that I was only reminded about last night was post Carlisle and Ruban Reid inviting some of the RL onto the pitch while he ran around with the flag. The uncertainty by those involved if they could run onto the pitch was quite amusing to watch, even though they had only recently left said pitch after the mass invasion at full time.

Matt Russell

I did think you had potentially made a mistake there 😂

If the club wish to ban me then so be it, they know who I am anyway. Though as you have pretty much alluded to they won't issue any bans for the barrow game for running on the pitch at full time.

Somthing that I was only reminded about last night was post Carlisle and Ruban Reid inviting some of the RL onto the pitch while he ran around with the flag. The uncertainty by those involved if they could run onto the pitch was quite amusing to watch, even though they had only recently left said pitch after the mass invasion at full time.
You thought a mistake had been (potentially?) made, but you waited until my innocence had been confirmed rather than fessing up immediately.

When you're up before the beak, don't go asking me for a character reference.🙂

Last edited:

lamrobhero

I find the following entirely predictable:

The fan disorder seen at football matches is a "reflection of where we are as a country at the moment", says England manager Gareth Southgate.
"Football is reflective of society so it would be easy to put it on football. That is not the reality of it. Football has a responsibility and we have to do our bit."
"What happened here before the Euro 2020 final, that wasn't just football supporters," Southgate added.
"That was people who were unable to behave and control themselves when consuming alcohol so there are many broader parts to it."

Last edited:

i8cornwall

You thought a mistake had been (potentially?) made, but you waited until my innocence had been confirmed rather than fessing up immediately.

When you're up before the beak, don't go asking me for a character reference.🙂
Well I can only do so much fessing up! 😂

lamrobhero

BBC Sport has learned that the PFA has provided an impact statement to the Crown Prosecution Service, which will be read out when cases of disorder at football go to court.
The statement, signed by PFA chair and Oxford United captain John Mousinho, says that players have been subjected to "targeted violence" and have been "left wholly unprotected and isolated during regular, mass pitch invasions".
It said that they feel "a greater sense of vulnerability" because they are aware that any reaction, even in self-defence, might have "long-lasting consequences" because of their profile.
It continues: "Pitch invasions often occur at the end of an important game, when a player will already be in a heightened emotional state. Therefore, when a large number of fans run onto the pitch, often blocking off your exit and visibility of team-mates and staff, you quickly feel trapped and isolated.
"There is often an overriding sense that the situation is out of control.
"As a player stranded on the field, you quickly become outnumbered, surrounded and vulnerable.
"It is a frightening situation to experience. In what can be a chaotic environment - where you are being grabbed, bumped into and shouted at by fans - it is impossible to know who presents a threat and, potentially, who may be intent on causing serious harm."
The statement also said that the family members of players can feel "helpless, scared and traumatised" when watching pitch invasions unfold.

Pitch invasions: Football 'cannot gamble' over incidents - PFA 26th May 2022

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Anybody know what the sentence was for the Everton player seen with a flare in his hand? Was it custodian? Has the PFA commented? He set such an awful example to young impressionable football fans I imagine his sentence was quite tough .

Alistair20000

Anybody know what the sentence was for the Everton player seen with a flare in his hand? Was it custodian? Has the PFA commented? He set such an awful example to young impressionable football fans I imagine his sentence was quite tough .
Was that Richarlison Hants ?

I had originally thought he just threw the flare off the pitch but now it seems he may have thrown it back into the crowd. Pretty crass if that was the case.

Colesman Ballz

I had originally thought he just threw the flare off the pitch but now it seems he may have thrown it back into the crowd. Pretty crass if that was the case.
The report I read said that he threw it into an unoccupied area, posing no threat, but of course that would have made a less sensational story for the press to headline ! Perhaps we should give him the benefit of the doubt unless there is visual evidence to the contrary ? I could be wrong but seem to recall it being more of a gentle underarm lob over the fence to get it off the playing area, rather than say hurling it venomously into the crowd ? :unsure:

manc grecian

He picked it up and threw it into the corner of the ground near to where the church is and where there are no fans.