• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Straw in the wind. Billy Sharp assaulted by a fan.

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
He picked it up and threw it into the corner of the ground near to where the church is and where there are no fans.
Tricky to see exactly where it went.

manc grecian

Not for the thousands of people that were there.

i8cornwall

You lot have changed you're tune regarding pyrotechnics.

FYI I believe the law states anything thrown at a football ground is seen a missile and can lead to a ban so assume this lad at Everton will now get a 3 year ban from all grounds in England and Wales, I won't be holding my breath that he will be mind.

Colesman Ballz

You lot have changed you're tune regarding pyrotechnics.

FYI I believe the law states anything thrown at a football ground is seen a missile and can lead to a ban so assume this lad at Everton will now get a 3 year ban from all grounds in England and Wales, I won't be holding my breath that he will be mind.
You do talk utter tripe at times ! Pyrotechnics, flares, fireworks, smoke bombs etc are all illegal in relation to footy. You don't even have to set them off, possession alone will be enough to have you charged convicted and end up with a criminal record, whether you are inside the ground, whilst entering, or even in the street on the way to a game. It is against the law as a safety measure.

Now I am totally against the Government bringing in different laws specifically aimed at football supporters which are not applied generally to the public at large, that disgusts me, but if football cannot sort out and deal with a few idiots then heaven help us all !

Colesman Ballz

Thank you Hants but this really will be my last post regarding this matter and fan behaviour.
Well that certainly never came to pass ! :p

i8cornwall

You do talk utter tripe at times ! Pyrotechnics, flares, fireworks, smoke bombs etc are all illegal in relation to footy. You don't even have to set them off, possession alone will be enough to have you charged convicted and end up with a criminal record, whether you are inside the ground, whilst entering, or even in the street on the way to a game. It is against the law as a safety measure.

Now I am totally against the Government bringing in different laws specifically aimed at football supporters which are not applied generally to the public at large, that disgusts me, but if football cannot sort out and deal with a few idiots then heaven help us all !
I fully agree, 3 year ban for that lad at Everton then.....

I'm also very aware of the law, sort of one of those things you learn quite quickly when sat discussing stuff with the club.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
EFL statement

lamrobhero

EFL statement

Thanks. He is only talking the language of punishment and sanctions in terms of "solutions". :(
I think he needs to think in terms of leadership and culture change though judging from the views of some supporters, managers and chairpeople that would be an uphill job.

lamrobhero

Tottenham Hotspur's summer signing Richarlison will miss the first Premier League game of the season after receiving a one-match ban due to a flare incident in May. The 25-year-old forward threw a flare during former club Everton's crucial 1-0 win over Chelsea at Goodison Park. As well as the ban, Richarlison has been fined £25,000 by an independent regulatory commission. The Brazilian admitted his behaviour was improper.
It was a breach of Rule E3, which covers improper conduct. Pyrotechnics are banned from football stadiums in England.

Richarlison: Tottenham's new signing to miss first Premier League match after flare incident BBC 05_07_2022

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member