• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Summer Transfer Thread

Grecian_Matt

I am not too worried at the moment about the lack of signings.
I would much rather we brought in players who are going to be the quality needed at this level.

If we were signing players left right and centre like Zanzala, I would be worried, as Zanzala although tried is certainly not good enough.
I am glad MT is being patient, shows me that he is actually looking for quality signings to improve the team.

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
Pleased that Coley scored today Thought last season that more composure was needed in front of goal to complete his game,so it feels like a player added to the first team squad.

Not a word on any signings in the post match interview. 😕

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
I am not too worried at the moment about the lack of signings.
I would much rather we brought in players who are going to be the quality needed at this level.

If we were signing players left right and centre like Zanzala, I would be worried, as Zanzala although tried is certainly not good enough.
I am glad MT is being patient, shows me that he is actually looking for quality signings to improve the team.
I think that's the problem. Initially people appeared happy at not signing the likes of Zanzala and Amond as they were content to remain patient to allow us to bring in more quality players. The problem being those quality players haven't arrived and by MTs own admission we've been outmuscled financially for the permanent signings, and let down at the last minute with incoming loan signings. Even the most patient of us were expecting something by now.

We'll sign some players, that goes without doubt, but they'll probably be no better than Zanzala, Amond or Phillips.

ExmouthMart

After the post match interview sounds like we are going with what we got…..

Benjisheps14

Milwaukee, Wisconsin (but formerly Bude, Cornwall)
Pleased that Coley scored today Thought last season that more composure was needed in front of goal to complete his game,so it feels like a player added to the first team squad.

Not a word on any signings in the post match interview. 😕
Unfortunately Craig (Who I'd like to say does a great job, so this is not a criticism) didn't pose the question. Matt did however take it upon himself to add that he had been talking to the FGR Director of Football at the game who had also said how difficult they were finding the window.....having said that they have still been able to sign 8 players!!:(.

Hopefully after the Torquay game MT will have some news for us or at least be asked about any incomings. However; it was a really good performance today and a step forward after Saturday. The issue is, our lack of depth and ability to change things from the bench is highlighted when Iseguan is right now the only sub we have for Nombe. That's no slight on Nelson as he looks to have potential, but obviously isn't ready to make an impact at League One yet and will most likely need to go back out on loan.

Hopefully MT's patience will be rewarded soon as I like the look of our starting 11 barring a GK and getting Stubbs fully fit.

Squeezebox

Not sure if I've missed anything but is there any news on Sonny? Another disrupted pre-season for him which is unfortunate.

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
You lot can always ask Matt on Tuesday.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Unfortunately Craig (Who I'd like to say does a great job, so this is not a criticism) didn't pose the question. Matt did however take it upon himself to add that he had been talking to the FGR Director of Football at the game who had also said how difficult they were finding the window.....having said that they have still been able to sign 8 players!!:(.

Hopefully after the Torquay game MT will have some news for us or at least be asked about any incomings. However; it was a really good performance today and a step forward after Saturday. The issue is, our lack of depth and ability to change things from the bench is highlighted when Iseguan is right now the only sub we have for Nombe. That's no slight on Nelson as he looks to have potential, but obviously isn't ready to make an impact at League One yet and will most likely need to go back out on loan.

Hopefully MT's patience will be rewarded soon as I like the look of our starting 11 barring a GK and getting Stubbs fully fit.
Indeed. It’s frustrating that he wasn’t asked about potential incomings, unless it’s something that Devon Live asked instead, similar to last week?

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Pompey have just signed a keeper on loan in the last few minutes. Alex Bass will be going out on loan. Will pompey want to loan him to another league one team? Or could we get him out of his contract to come here permanently?
He's not good enough for L1 (IMO) he struggled in L2 last season

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
After the post match interview sounds like we are going with what we got…..
Saying nothing doesn't mean nothing is going on behind the scenes and 'we're going with what we've got'

MT probably can't be arsed to repeat himself and if he isn't asked then he's not going to just spout the same 'we're trying' stuff