• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Deadline Day 1 September 2022

jrg333

MT is looking tired
Brand new baby at home to be fair.

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
I agree with Sexton, KMT is rightly getting fed up answering the same questions and Craig is probably getting bored of asking them. I hope we get a player or two in today but, if we don’t, I’ll continue to support the lads we’ve got who will probably bloody need it!

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
I agree with Sexton, KMT is rightly getting fed up answering the same questions and Craig is probably getting bored of asking them. I hope we get a player or two in today but, if we don’t, I’ll continue to support the lads we’ve got who will probably bloody need it!
Very well said me too.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
I just listened to the interview as well. Previously he's stated 'we're very close to a couple' today it's 'we're still trying' . Don't be surprised if we end up not signing anyone. It doesn't sound good to me.

ExmouthMart

Just listened to MT’s interview others have said same old same old but what are they really expecting. Perhaps MT is paying the price for being so open. I can’t recall PT having had to face the media on such a relentless basis and IMHO MT is looking tired and showing signs of becoming slightly fed up having to repeat the same for want of a better word story.

Personally I certainly do not envy him as rightly or wrongly if he is unable to make any new signings and the squad becomes further debilitated as a result of injuries and we struggle to survive it will be his job that is on the line…….if he reads this let’s show we are behind him and give him the moral support that he deserves and needs UTC.
Relentless media questioning?!….. come off it. His job isn’t on the line in a million years. He knows what Exeter City Manager is all about. We don’t have the money to chuck at it, like every other Club. We might yet sign a few players and then it’s down to Taylor to work with what he’s got, which is what I believe he’s said already.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Just listened to MT’s interview others have said same old same old but what are they really expecting. Perhaps MT is paying the price for being so open. I can’t recall PT having had to face the media on such a relentless basis and IMHO MT is looking tired and showing signs of becoming slightly fed up having to repeat the same for want of a better word story.
Not so sure that what MT has been saying about us is that different to what PT said over and over.

'We are what we are'
'We have to be mindful of where we are in the food chain'

Etc etc

Pete Martin (CTID)

Hindsight is a wonderful thing but Oz wasn't quite good enough anyway.

Had we signed him at the start of the summer then there would have been complaints about lacking ambition etc
But better than N.O. Boddy, who is definitely not good enough!

iscalad

Not so sure that what MT has been saying about us is that different to what PT said over and over.

'We are what we are'
'We have to be mindful of where we are in the food chain'

Etc etc
Unfortunately this has not sunk in with some fans.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Unfortunately this has not sunk in with some fans.
I agree. I just don't know why? It's obvious.

Colesman Ballz

If any of the Senior Reds are still hanging about at SJP perhaps that could check to see if our media team have packed up for the day and headed off home ? :cool: