• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Deadline Day 1 September 2022

JW57++

Jay Stansfield isn't the answer to our striker shortage.
I hope he gets the chance to prove you wrong.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
This must be stressful for the social media team as well. Stuff happening but no deals being done. Are they needed or not? Can they pop out to the pub for a game of pool or do they need to stay on site?

StudentGrecian

With project 6000 going reasonably well, it’s a bit worrying that we are still on a lower half league two budget according to MT. I’ve never questioned the ownership model, but we are so reliant on windfalls. Now the Watkins well is all but dried up it’s looking questionable how we can ever be a sustainable L1 outfit. Selling players is never going to be sustainable, especially when they can be picked off for peanuts these days!

angelic upstart

Very well known Exeweb poster
We're doing okay without any magical new signings currently so I'm not overly concerned.

If we lose a couple and don't replace immediately I would be worried.

Cowshed Grecian

With project 6000 going reasonably well, it’s a bit worrying that we are still on a lower half league two budget according to MT. I’ve never questioned the ownership model, but we are so reliant on windfalls. Now the Watkins well is all but dried up it’s looking questionable how we can ever be a sustainable L1 outfit. Selling players is never going to be sustainable, especially when they can be picked off for peanuts these days!
Need a rich yank supporting Grecian to pump in £4m and invest like they’ve done down the road. I know we are not allowed to question the ownership model, as too many people would find it hard to let go but if we are so skint and the manager has peanuts left for a playing budget then surely we are ******* in the wind.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yes, to some extent. But on the other hand the Watkins money has helped pay for so much more than increasing the playing budget. The pitch, training ground etc are all one-off investments that shouldn't need repeating ever / in the near future so uou would hope the playing budget would see more of future windfalls than it has previously.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Need a rich yank supporting Grecian to pump in £4m and invest like they’ve done down the road. I know we are not allowed to question the ownership model, as too many people would find it hard to let go but if we are so skint and the manager has peanuts left for a playing budget then surely we are ******* in the wind.
Supposedly the bulk of the £4m is to rectify the almighty feck up that Brenty boy made of the Mayflower stand.

DawlishBouy

Christian Marques 19 year old centre back who cost Wolves £500,000 has joined FGR on loan. Think he was the defender Charlie Hanson walked all over in last seasons' under 23 match.

iscalad

Mate we are a professional football club not a charity - we have signed half the players required, MT at pains to go for “quality” but nothing is much worse than average. If we can’t compete then it’s time to properly question the ownership model which seems to be based almost entirely around windfalls which isnt sustainable despite it being made out to be. I remember that PFA loan, we are never too far from that.

The reason we haven’t signed players is because there have been errors in the recruitment process, nothing more, nothing less. If MT needs to repeat where we are in the food chain, why didn’t he shop like it? Why didn’t he change course after 2 months of failure with 8 weeks to go? Why are we hanging on for a loan player when we’ve been played about all summer.

It’s not good enough and will see us down if we get even a little bit of bad injury luck.
Do you know what errors have occurred in the recruitment process?

denzel

We're doing okay without any magical new signings currently so I'm not overly concerned.

If we lose a couple and don't replace immediately I would be worried.
The whole point is if, after today, we suddenly get injuries we won't be able to replace them, unless we can magic up a free agent that no one else wants.
When does the National League window shut?