• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Deadline Day 1 September 2022

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
Unfortunately this has not sunk in with some fans.
Mate we are a professional football club not a charity - we have signed half the players required, MT at pains to go for “quality” but nothing is much worse than average. If we can’t compete then it’s time to properly question the ownership model which seems to be based almost entirely around windfalls which isnt sustainable despite it being made out to be. I remember that PFA loan, we are never too far from that.

The reason we haven’t signed players is because there have been errors in the recruitment process, nothing more, nothing less. If MT needs to repeat where we are in the food chain, why didn’t he shop like it? Why didn’t he change course after 2 months of failure with 8 weeks to go? Why are we hanging on for a loan player when we’ve been played about all summer.

It’s not good enough and will see us down if we get even a little bit of bad injury luck.

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
There will always be apologists, has always been the way.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Thats because Fulham were threadbare up top. They’ve just signed Willian, Dan James and some other bloke…I think it’s well known the plan for Jay was to be loaned out to us-being a cullompton lad and the obvious so I’m still hopeful with the clock now firmly ticking.
But failed to get Kluivert and some striker from Blackburn. Desperately want them to sign an out and out striker and then release stansfield on loan.

Suzi & The Banned Cheese

Relentless media questioning?!….. come off it. His job isn’t on the line in a million years. He knows what Exeter City Manager is all about. We don’t have the money to chuck at it, like every other Club. We might yet sign a few players and then it’s down to Taylor to work with what he’s got, which is what I believe he’s said already.
Ultimately it must be really frustrating for KMT , who despite all his best efforts & hard work knows that we cannot attract anymore players because of lack of money. This must be especially galling as we are only 2 or 3 players away from being a very good League 1 club.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Jay Stansfield isn't the answer to our striker shortage.

Grecianpasty

Not sure about that. If he's good enough to start in the Premier league, I'd imagine he would be.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Who is then? Most of us would snap your arm off for Premier League Stansfield right now.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
nothing is much worse than average.
Signing no-one really, really isn't worse than signing average. Following the PFA loan you mentioned we signed the likes of Sam Parkin and Clinton Morrison to bolster our squad because they were cheap and available. I certainly don't want the likes of them turning up. I'd rather go with Sonny Cox or some other youngster.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Ultimately it must be really frustrating for KMT , who despite all his best efforts & hard work knows that we cannot attract anymore players because of lack of money. This must be especially galling as we are only 2 or 3 players away from being a very good League 1 club.
With the number of subs we can now use, it has become more of a squad game and therefore I think we are more than that from being a very good league one club. A good one yes, but if this window has taught us anything we need to up the ante on what we are making available, hopefully in years to come a lot of our expensive infrastructure will have been done and more budget allowed for the playing side

Cowshed Grecian

Is he not? Who is then Fred the red or whatever our Furry red and white mascot is called? Pay him peanuts he might get his boots on and do a job up front.