• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Matt Taylor Leaving? Has left!

Jammers20

Is it just him or is he taking his back room staff with him?! Undisclosed compensation obviously. Not very respectful to us and probably not the Trust board but the Club Board dealing with this. Looks amateurish to me and made us look like mugs. Once he was thinking about it you knew it was only going one way. I wonder if he will say in his press conference about an opportunity to return closer to home……
I imagine he will take Carlisle with him. Brown I imagine would be more difficult as he must have some contract as a player too? I would of though it will be Taylor and Carlisle gone.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Is it just him or is he taking his back room staff with him?! Undisclosed compensation obviously. Not very respectful to us and probably not the Trust board but the Club Board dealing with this. Looks amateurish to me and made us look like mugs. Once he was thinking about it you knew it was only going one way. I wonder if he will say in his press conference about an opportunity to return closer to home……
This is his home. He's been here for years and has a family here with a local girl.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I imagine he will take Carlisle with him. Brown I imagine would be more difficult as he must have some contract as a player too? I would of though it will be Taylor and Carlisle gone.
The assumption is that Wayne will follow Matt Taylor but I know that he is very settled in the Exeter area, has lived here since he signed for us as a player and I think has a family. Will be a big decision for him to leave all that behind.

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
10.30 has come and gone. :rolleyes:

Maybe we're waiting for the Rotherham United social media team to do their bits.
Press Conference at 4pm

Bridgy 81

This is his home. He's been here for years and has a family here with a local girl.
I think the wanting to move closer to home comment (i.e. further North) is a reference to what I recall being a reason given when he left us as a player.
He then signed for Charlton!

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
Rob Edwards is being linked with the Middlesbrough job.
I don't get that, had one good season at League Two and sacked after a poor start at Watford

Average Joe

Hopefully Wayne will see this as an opportunity rather then looking to leave. I guess if we do not as him to be an interim for now then maybe he will leave.

tonykellowfan

Rob Edwards is being linked with the Middlesbrough job.
I don't get that, had one good season at League Two and sacked after a poor start at Watford
Except he didn't have a poort start at Watford! Crazy decision to appoint and then get rid of him so quickly.

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
Except he didn't have a poort start at Watford! Crazy decision to appoint and then get rid of him so quickly.
Well they had their best results of the season on Saturday after he had gone!

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
We are all assuming this is a done deal and we are just waiting for the formal announcement. However, is there any chance the delay means the deal has fallen through?