• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Charlton Athletic v Exeter City Oct 11th 7:45 ko Matchday thread.

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Without being to harsh on Josh as he is out of position, he’s cost us the game.
Shhhhh! You'll upset Bridgy!

Exehausted

What's happened? Has Sweeney been booked to cap a bad night?

crocks

Need to play proper CBs even if it is youth.

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Well, that was a very good game to watch from two teams that wanted to play attacking football. I think if we hadn't had two long trips in three days we may have concentrated better at key moments (no pun intended).

Grecian Max

We played excellently going forward, similar to other games we have ended up losing. Defensively was a bit of a shambles - I'm increasingly questioning Blackman's quality. I mean he's decent, but isn't at all agile and gets caught napping once things aren't going our way.

Strange game. We continue to play like Matt Taylor and KN even imitated his late, slightly pointless subs. Got one of the best City squads I've seen so really interested to see what a new man can do with this as a starting base...

Red Devon

Very unfortunate we were worth much more than that!

ryancooper327

I know there was limited options on the bench but did anyone else feel like the subs were a bit reactive today?
I thought Harper was playing well, a bit early for Kite in my opinion. I'd have like to have seen Smith against Clare - he looked nervous when he came on.

Pete Martin (CTID)

One of those games where the result doesn't reflect the performance. I thought we played well generally. If Sparkes' shot had gone in and not rebounded of the cross bar, if Hartridge hadn't been in the wrong place for the o.g., if Blackman had saved the third (which imo he should have done). Definitely a game of 'if onlys'.

eurogrecian

No disgrace there. Thought we equipped ourselves well and played some good football. Didn’t get the rub of the green and a couple of errors at the back but we look well capable of holding our own in L1 - even without King Matt

Memphis09

Would of taken three points from those two tough away games with the limited squad we have
Better than two draws
Looking forward to Saturday UTC