• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Charlton Athletic v Exeter City Oct 11th 7:45 ko Matchday thread.

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
The continuation this season of our pressing from last season is laudable but we're up against much better attacking players who will punish us even if we have most of the play. Would like to see us tighten up a bit at the back, but man... love our fluidity going forward.

Exehausted

We played excellently going forward, similar to other games we have ended up losing. Defensively was a bit of a shambles - I'm increasingly questioning Blackman's quality. I mean he's decent, but isn't at all agile and gets caught napping once things aren't going our way.

Strange game. We continue to play like Matt Taylor and KN even imitated his late, slightly pointless subs. Got one of the best City squads I've seen so really interested to see what a new man can do with this as a starting base...
Have any potential managers been spotted tonight?

Grecian Max

One of those games where the result doesn't reflect the performance. I thought we played well generally. If Sparkes' shot had gone in and not rebounded of the cross bar, if Hartridge hadn't been in the wrong place for the o.g., if Blackman had saved the third (which imo he should have done). Definitely a game of 'if onlys'.
Should have done better for the cross on the 4th too

Grecianpasty

Caprice and key? Are you smoking crack?
Caprice was excellent tonight. And other than a collective defensive mix up for there goal, key was brilliant going forward.

Memphis09

One of those games where the result doesn't reflect the performance. I thought we played well generally. If Sparkes' shot had gone in and not rebounded of the cross bar, if Hartridge hadn't been in the wrong place for the o.g., if Blackman had saved the third (which imo he should have done). Definitely a game of 'if onlys'.
Sounds like me ask my sons lol

Grecian Max

Kevin Nicholson apparently 🤷‍♂️

Grecianpasty

The continuation this season of our pressing from last season is laudable but we're up against much better attacking players who will punish us even if we have most of the play. Would like to see us tighten up a bit at the back, but man... love our fluidity going forward.
The defensive errors are to be expected with Key playing out of position unfortunately.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
No but think I spotted Conner Durbidge adjacent their dugout !

suffolklad

We played excellently going forward, similar to other games we have ended up losing. Defensively was a bit of a shambles - I'm increasingly questioning Blackman's quality. I mean he's decent, but isn't at all agile and gets caught napping once things aren't going our way.

Strange game. We continue to play like Matt Taylor and KN even imitated his late, slightly pointless subs. Got one of the best City squads I've seen so really interested to see what a new man can do with this as a starting base...
Nothing wrong with Blackman. which of the goals tonight do you think he should have saved? i'll answer my own question NONE it was defensive errors on every occasion. don't blame the keeper!!!

dommers

Haven't seen the game, but can a team who concede 4 really say they've played well?