• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Next Exeter City First Team Manager Thread

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Sat next to Andy Gillard?
I didn’t notice that he was sat next to Andy Gillard, but not entirely inconceivable that he might have been.

sign of the chimes

I asked for opinions about Caldwell on Twitter from his former clubs’ fans and the responses were largely very unpretty. Dare I say the majority of Exeter’s fan’s opinions on Tis seem similar. Added my original tweet below for anyone who wants to see the replies.

Some of those responses are doozies, thanks for sharing Jimbo.

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Some of those responses are doozies, thanks for sharing Jimbo.
The feeling I am getting is... undecided?

To be fair we have signed plenty of players over the years who have come with the same amount of good will from their previous supporters. A fair amount of the time you think you are watching a totally different player when you actually see them play.

milts

I asked for opinions about Caldwell on Twitter from his former clubs’ fans and the responses were largely very unpretty. Dare I say the majority of Exeter’s fan’s opinions on Tis seem similar. Added my original tweet below for anyone who wants to see the replies.

Oh my. I think I make it 2 positive comments in 131 replies. Even Tisdale would get more than that on here. Some are pretty horrendous as well.
Blimey, what have we done. Far from looking forward to his appointment.

Last edited:

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
I didn’t notice that he was sat next to Andy Gillard, but not entirely inconceivable that he might have been.
20221022_160626.jpg

Took this from the Big Bank.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
On what basis do you assert this?
Club employee

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
It's Caldwell, why is no-one listening?
I may have mis took one of the Fleetwood staff for Caldwell today but having looked at photos
View attachment 9467

You're telephoto lens needs refocussing - may be you have inadvertently found "Agent Andy" !
UTC

sign of the chimes

The feeling I am getting is... undecided?

To be fair we have signed plenty of players over the years who have come with the same amount of good will from their previous supporters. A fair amount of the time you think you are watching a totally different player when you actually see them play.
Laugh reaction to your post is for the first sentence!

On the second, completely agree - think it's the same for most clubs. If it's Caldwell I hope it goes without saying* that I want him to be a success at Exeter - that some of his trials and tribulations elsewhere are down to the circumstances he inherited (as I mentioned upthread Chesterfield was in full binfire mode by the time he got there); and also that he's learned from his experiences - he's still very young.

* whilst I hope that, I've still felt the need to say it!

AndyR

Well I trust our recruitment team, so assuming it's him, good luck Gary. I hope he's able to bring a couple he's comfortable working with, as it's pretty clear that by the time Hill and Brown have left, we'll be a few backroom staff short.

milts

View attachment 9467

Doesn’t look like Caldwell