• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Assistant Manager appointment

C j phill

No Max Kane came in right before MT left.
Good point...memory failure on my part

Grecianpasty

I've heard Kevin Bond's name come up a lot. Seems more of a short term option to me.

Boyo

I note that Kevin Nicholson wasn't managing the U18s tonight. I'd like to see him step up. One for the future.

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
I think Nicholson as part of the senior coaching team would be an obvious move. First there are at least two vacancies (replacing WC and Dan Green/Jon Hill) and possibly 3 (Scott Brown). Secondly it would be good for the senior coaching team to have at least one person who has worked with these players before.
And I'd like to think that the academy has a lot of coaches, some of whom may be ready to take up the U18 role (Brad Miller, Chris McPhee(?) etc)

tom_ecfc

I think Nicholson as part of the senior coaching team would be an obvious move.
They always say you need a management partnership, GC being the slightly more demanding and KN being the softer approach.

otterton reds

I think Nicholson as part of the senior coaching team would be an obvious move. First there are at least two vacancies (replacing WC and Dan Green/Jon Hill) and possibly 3 (Scott Brown). Secondly it would be good for the senior coaching team to have at least one person who has worked with these players before.
And I'd like to think that the academy has a lot of coaches, some of whom may be ready to take up the U18 role (Brad Miller, Chris McPhee(?) etc)
I spoke to Kevin Nicholson when he got off the team bus on Tuesday night & he said he is sticking around.

abertom

I note that Kevin Nicholson wasn't managing the U18s tonight. I'd like to see him step up. One for the future.
That could well be because he’s been training the first team so makes sense to give the u18 coaches the game.

Grecianpasty

I'm fairly certain KN will have a new role at the club.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Seems as though KN will be staying at the club, but that doesn't mean he will automatically be GC's assistant. Being capable is one thing but it needs to work on a personality/trust basis.

Tim Long

Chris Hargreaves has recently become available...