• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

MK Dons versus Exeter City Official Matchday Thread

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Agree.

Clueless is fine, you can dislike any reporter, but the rest has a very depressing 1970s vibe.
Had I not used the final adjective, would I have got away with it? Clueless speaks for itself. Dippy, bright and bubbly but not very clever.......... fairly harmless I would have thought. So I'm getting a slapped wrist for using an out of date term for women. Really? There has been far worse left on here without an eyelid batted.

tom_ecfc

grecIAN Harris

So what is the general concensus on Rakeem Harper today? A couple of mates of mine at the game said he had a decent, tidy enough game.

fred binneys head

My thoughts as I sit in the service station on the way home:

First half we were pretty poor, the only moment of real quality was the build up to the penalty which looked soft. Harper and Collins were slow to the ball and MK looked good, they moved the ball quickly and pressed us well when we were in possession. If we’re honest, we should have been 1 or 2 down at half time but MK don’t have anyone that can finish.

Second half Collins and Harper were much better, they played with more territorial discipline and were quicker to the ball. As a result we began to play well and, whilst we weren’t dominating, we looked much better. It was good to see Archie play well in the second half to shut up the morons giving him grief in the first half (“f*** off to Rotherham”, etc). Some people really are utter tw@ts.

Jevani’s goal was well deserved but took a little luck to deflect the ball into his path. Neat finish though, which we’ve come to expect from the master.

We then managed the game really well, we wasted time well without taking the ****, we snuffed out their limited threats really well and we kept possession up top, with Stanno and Mitchell playing impressive cameos.

Two concerns for me though:

1. Jokull didn’t take a goal kick in the last 20 minutes - Alex and then Sweenz took them instead - has he got an injury during this game?

2. I really hope I’m wrong with this one but I think Jevani was saying goodbye to us at the end. He came over the the fans and gave his child a kiss and a hug, but he blew kisses and waved to us all for ages. Like I say, I’d love to be wrong, but that’s what it looked like to me.

Summary: well done to GC and the squad, another impressive win ground out against a tough opponent. The new lad Mitchell looks quality, as does Joe White (even though Joe wasn’t particularly impressive today). We move on to Charlton next week, geddon City!

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster

arthur

My thoughts as I sit in the service station on the way home:

First half we were pretty poor, the only moment of real quality was the build up to the penalty which looked soft. Harper and Collins were slow to the ball and MK looked good, they moved the ball quickly and pressed us well when we were in possession. If we’re honest, we should have been 1 or 2 down at half time but MK don’t have anyone that can finish.

Second half Collins and Harper were much better, they played with more territorial discipline and were quicker to the ball. As a result we began to play well and, whilst we weren’t dominating, we looked much better. It was good to see Archie play well in the second half to shut up the morons giving him grief in the first half (“f*** off to Rotherham”, etc). Some people really are utter tw@ts.

Jevani’s goal was well deserved but took a little luck to deflect the ball into his path. Neat finish though, which we’ve come to expect from the master.

We then managed the game really well, we wasted time well without taking the ****, we snuffed out their limited threats really well and we kept possession up top, with Stanno and Mitchell playing impressive cameos.

Two concerns for me though:

1. Jokull didn’t take a goal kick in the last 20 minutes - Alex and then Sweenz took them instead - has he got an injury during this game?

2. I really hope I’m wrong with this one but I think Jevani was saying goodbye to us at the end. He came over the the fans and gave his child a kiss and a hug, but he blew kisses and waved to us all for ages. Like I say, I’d love to be wrong, but that’s what it looked like to me.

Summary: well done to GC and the squad, another impressive win ground out against a tough opponent. The new lad Mitchell looks quality, as does Joe White (even though Joe wasn’t particularly impressive today). We move on to Charlton next week, geddon City!
First half poor, second half better and we won. As opposed to last week....

Thought the same about Jev's twitter video - seemed like a farewell

Matt Russell

Had I not used the final adjective, would I have got away with it? Clueless speaks for itself. Dippy, bright and bubbly but not very clever.......... fairly harmless I would have thought. So I'm getting a slapped wrist for using an out of date term for women. Really? There has been far worse left on here without an eyelid batted.
Clueless is he who thinks bint is an adjective.

grecIAN Harris

fred binneys head

So what is the general concensus on Rakeem Harper today? A couple of mates of mine at the game said he had a decent, tidy enough game.
Yes he did, he grew into the game, was off the pace early on but had a strong second half.

arthur

Sweens looked a bit iffy for their first and last non goals