• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Burton Albion away - Discussion & Prediction Thread

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
gutted to miss this one; one of the closest League grounds to me, but still not recovered from nasty virus. And its not available live on ifollow in the UK either as its Saturday 3pm. Boo!

We are going to find out pretty soon whether the Jevani Brown absence a) seriously damages our goal creativity and/or b) damages team morale/spirit. Real challenges for the manager to overcome.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
gutted to miss this one; one of the closest League grounds to me, but still not recovered from nasty virus. And its not available live on ifollow in the UK either as its Saturday 3pm. Boo!

We are going to find out pretty soon whether the Jevani Brown absence a) seriously damages our goal creativity and/or b) damages team morale/spirit. Real challenges for the manager to overcome.
I think point (a) it goes without saying that Jevani's absence seriously damages our goal creativity as he's one of the leagues highest assist players, and point (b) I doubt its damaged team morale, certainly not to have a negative effect on matchday performance

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think point (a) it goes without saying that Jevani's absence seriously damages our goal creativity as he's one of the leagues highest assist players, and point (b) I doubt its damaged team morale, certainly not to have a negative effect on matchday performance
Agree on point (b) as we are looking at potentially a very different line up now.

Jim Dale

Re Jev Brown…
Some stats I’ve been collating ahead of tomorrow’s game (I’m on commentary duty for Radio Devon)…

In the 24 league games he’s started we’ve amassed 36 points at 1.5 a game

In the five games he hasn’t we’ve managed just 2 points at 0.4 a game.

it’s a small sample size without him, granted, but it’s still pretty plain reading…
Hopefully the new faces will help redress that balance in the coming weeks 🤞

arthur

Get well soon APL

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Re Jev Brown…
Some stats I’ve been collating ahead of tomorrow’s game (I’m on commentary duty for Radio Devon)…

In the 24 league games he’s started we’ve amassed 36 points at 1.5 a game

In the five games he hasn’t we’ve managed just 2 points at 0.4 a game.

it’s a small sample size without him, granted, but it’s still pretty plain reading…
Hopefully the new faces will help redress that balance in the coming weeks 🤞
Thanks Jim but without JB we're buggered !

STURTZ

Think we should consider the fact that we've won 4 away games in our last 5 before overreacting to a narrow home defeat.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Think we should consider the fact that we've won 4 away games in our last 5 before overreacting to a narrow home defeat.
Sounds like you think JB is not important ?
UTC

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Sounds like you think JB is not important ?
UTC
JB is critical. However, our manager now has to find a way without him through hard work on the training pitch. One thing we do have particularly away from home is the ability to break quickly and in Stanno, Mitchell and Caprice we have three of the quickest players so we have to substitute our way of playing with Jevani for one of pace on the counter