• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Farewell Mike Cooper - enjoy retirement

Pmc grecian

Happy retirement Mike thanks for all your help in the past utc

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Mike has been an absolute legend at the club and will be greatly missed I am sure. Hopefully a pleasant and relaxing retirement awaits. After all, when he first started at the club he looked like this...

3669 (1).jpg

Leads

One of the good guys! I can’t believe there is anyone out there with a bad word to say about him. He will be sorely missed, his updates on Exeweb are also really useful. Will certainly be tough to replace…

Andy_H

Anyone know what Spoonz drinks cause I want to buy him a beer on Sunday ?
Great that you will still be around Mike - hope club makes Sunday special & Big Bank sing your name loud & proud !
"Mike Cooper, he's one of our own."

iscalad

Mike has been an absolute legend at the club and will be greatly missed I am sure. Hopefully a pleasant and relaxing retirement awaits. After all, when he first started at the club he looked like this...

View attachment 11549
Hurry Gurdy Man.....

Pete Martin (CTID)

Mike (aka Spoonz) really is a true City legend. As kind, warmhearted and dedicated an individual as ever lived. Some may remember (and this has been mentioned above) his stint as Chief Executive in the early days of the Trust, superseded, I think, by Ian Tarr. I also recall a fund raising bike ride that he did (I think with one other, who I can't remember) in aid of the club in 2003-2004.

I wish Mike every happiness in, and enjoyment of, his well earned retirement and look forward to seeing him at SJP, in a more leisurely mode in future.

*Finally, the rumour that he is to be a stand in for the Gargoyle's keeper in the Championship is not true! :ROFLMAO:

Grecian2K

Hurry Gurdy Man.....
It's our gain that he didn't turn to the Turkeys and become Mellow Yellow.
Anyhow, after the Stanno Stand (and the Doble) how about the club the club announce the Cooper Ticket Booth?

denzel

It's our gain that he didn't turn to the Turkeys and become Mellow Yellow.
Anyhow, after the Stanno Stand (and the Doble) how about the club the club announce the Cooper Ticket Booth?
The Mike Cooper Gates?

older-codger

No matter what the problem Mike would always go the extra mile to get it resolved. Such dedicated people are few and far between but Mike will always be remembered as the "go to" man when you wanted something. Thanks for all your commitment over those 20 years - no doubt you will still be around for the future without the burden of responsibility that you so willingly took on. Relax and enjoy your retirement.

Grecian2K

The Mike Cooper Gates?...
You forgot to add ...Committee there Denz.
Without Mike's unstinting hard work over the years you could probably have knocked hundreds off their predictions.