• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Farewell Mike Cooper - enjoy retirement

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
Spoonz is everything that’s right about Exeter City. The most helpful, patient, kind man there is, and I’ve never met him.

Enjoy your retirement Mike and thank you.

Just to echo what others have said. Thank you Mike.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
I've known Mike since 2005 when we were on the Trust Board together - he modestly did not mention that he was Chief Exec of the Trust for a period. One of the nicest guys you could meet, always helpful and exemplifies all that is good about Exeter City. Enjoy that retirement Mike, anyone replacing you has a very high standard to live up to.
Mike has contributed so much a lot of which has gone relatively unnoticed compared to how most have seen him as the public facing person that is the ‘face of our club’. The Trust board i had the pleasure of serving for six years was enhanced by having someone like Mike who was a calm and effective voice. Enjoy your time off Mike you are one of life’s good guys

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Just found this thread.

I agree with all the above. Mike is one of the best people it has been my privilege to know and work with.

rightwing

Well-known Exeweb poster
Mike (aka Spoonz) really is a true City legend. As kind, warmhearted and dedicated an individual as ever lived. Some may remember (and this has been mentioned above) his stint as Chief Executive in the early days of the Trust, superseded, I think, by Ian Tarr. I also recall a fund raising bike ride that he did (I think with one other, who I can't remember) in aid of the club in 2003-2004.

I wish Mike every happiness in, and enjoyment of, his well earned retirement and look forward to seeing him at SJP, in a more leisurely mode in future.

*Finally, the rumour that he is to be a stand in for the Gargoyle's keeper in the Championship is not true! :ROFLMAO:
Pete I think the bike ride may have been with Yeovil Grecian aka Pete Bishop

Pete Martin (CTID)

Pete I think the bike ride may have been with Yeovil Grecian aka Pete Bishop
You are right Rightwing! That's who it was. I could see his face in my mind's eye, but couldn't put a name to it. Well done!

Memphis09

What a excellent ambassador for the club
Many thanks for all your help
We will miss you UTC

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Mike I know you've pulled my a$$ out the fire on many occasions when I've forgot to get a ticket for a game and sorted one out for me.

You really are one of the nicest people involved with the club and are always ready with a bit of banter at the tills.

A real gent , Happy retirement buddy you deserve it.

Fareham Grecian

Club legend. Never met him but on the occasions I dealt with him on tickets etc he was the epitome of professionalism but with a friendly face. Thanks Spoonz.

grecIAN Harris

All the best Spoonz, enjoy a very much well earned retirement although, if I read correctly, it will still be good to see you in the kiosk on a matchday.