• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Farewell Mike Cooper - enjoy retirement

sign of the chimes

I only 'know' Mike/Spoonz from his content on here but from here it's been pretty apparent the high esteem he's held in by the rest of you; and his humour/punning/wordplay on here is second to none.

It's lovely to be able to put a face to the name - and also that your club recognises those who've contributed over such a long period of time like this. Enjoy your (semi by the sounds of it) retirment, Mike. People like you make football a better place for many of us.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
I only 'know' Mike/Spoonz from his content on here but from here it's been pretty apparent the high esteem he's held in by the rest of you; and his humour/punning/wordplay on here is second to none.

It's lovely to be able to put a face to the name - and also that your club recognises those who've contributed over such a long period of time like this. Enjoy your (semi by the sounds of it) retirment, Mike. People like you make football a better place for many of us.
Well said SoC - if you can get to SJP next season I would like to buy Mike & you a pint so you can meet one of the GREATEST GRECIANS & football fans in person !
UTC & PUP
PS Spoonz will organise the tickets as usual !

rightwing

Well-known Exeweb poster
I though Yeovil Grecian was someone else
Denzel I still think it was Pete Bishop. He always came down from Yeovil with his old mate Eddy, who sadly passed away some time ago. Pete organised the work parties. You'll probably recall his shed building projects which he entered into national competitions and got us to vote for them!

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Denzel I still think it was Pete Bishop. He always came down from Yeovil with his old mate Eddy, who sadly passed away some time ago. Pete organised the work parties.
That is Adrian Sproson. He arranged many painting work parties.

Pete Bishop lived/lives at Ide iirc. He did use exweb at one time. He cycled to Accrington to raise money for the Trust in its early days

manc grecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
Adrian was Yeovil Grecian and would break sweat at the thought of a bike ride.

Pete Bishop is the cyclist in question who lived in Ide.

What Olds said

rightwing

Well-known Exeweb poster
That is Adrian Sproson. He arranged many painting work parties.

Pete Bishop lived/lives at Ide iirc. He did use exweb at one time. He cycled to Accrington to raise money for the Trust in its early days
OK I apologise. Grey cell loss has caught up with me as well!!

Grexican72

Wishing you all the best Mike on your retirement. Thanks for your help and correspondence from afar in Mexico, always with patience and a good sense of humour.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Lovely moment for you Spoonz. Happy to applaud you.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Can't really add to all the previous comments here. Mike has exemplified all that is good about City under Trust ownership; I hope he enjoys his well-deserved retirement but still has time to pop up on here from time-to-time.