• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Zak Jules

ElTorro

Welcome Zak to ECFC the home of silky football

Topsham Boy

They similar things when Sam Nombe joined us.
As for Zak being four choice he played 41 games last season.
Exactly. MK Dons fans not the benchmark for insightful comments. Hopefully we will make Zak a better and happier player at ECFC.

Steve Moran3

Good signing. Exactly what we need. Meat head centre half who can play a bit, there's always a place for them in lower league football.
Hopefully will be a good signing but personally not sure about this exeweb infatuation with 1970’s style brick sh1*hou3e centre backs. Think we’d be better off with centre backs who are athletic, can turn quickly and pass to team mates?

Exehausted

I think it’s a great deal, there’s always something in the back of my mind about what Chesterfield fans say about his 17 signings in his relatively short time there.
They were so poor he got the bullet, and left them with all the crap that he signed and they ended up dropping from L1 to the National League.
This way if GC does well we have the option to keep Jules. If GC doesn’t and Jules is awful we can release him at the end of the season.
I’d be more worried if we were signing him on for 2-3 years.

Things have changed an awful lot regarding recruitment in the last six years. The information is much more detailed on every player and the scrutiny is far greater, with a lot more people involved. Not every signing will be brilliant, that's inevitable, but I'm sure the risks are far fewer than when Gary was at Chesterfield.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
I won’t pretend to have any clue how good Zak is. Moreover, I don’t want to sound like one of those people who questions Ethan Ampadu’s ability because the last three club’s he’s played at have been relegated, but given Zak’s MK Dons side went down at the end of last season, I think it might be asking a bit much for him to single-handedly cure all our defensive woes. That said, fingers crossed!

ExmouthMart

Remember what the Manager said about too many soft goals. He looks exactly what we need. Physicality and power. We always look lightweight in defence. I would expect more changes that are going to upset quite a few people. If we are to progress we need to fix where we keep making mistakes and also remember the players need to be able to adapt to different formations for how different teams set up. His examples in his presentation highlighted this and also the fine lines in tight games about taking your chances or moving the opposition around. Hopefully Jules will help us do that. The negativity is unbelievable generally! The Matt Taylor love in is over. Get over it!!

red1

I won’t pretend to have any clue how good Zak is. Moreover, I don’t want to sound like one of those people who questions Ethan Ampadu’s ability because the last three club’s he’s played at have been relegated, but given Zak’s MK Dons side went down at the end of last season, I think it might be asking a bit much for him to single-handedly cure all our defensive woes. That said, fingers crossed!
Didn't Tim Dieng arrive with a couple of relegations on his CV ?

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Exeweb doesn't like facts😊

Spoonz Red E

Very well known Exeweb poster
Troy Brown also came from a Cheltenham side relegated after two seasons of struggle.

GC and Marcus Flitcroft have both said separately that we are recruiting to a profile.
They must have run the numbers over Zak before signing him.

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Great to see another signing. Let's see how he does. I'm not going to pretend I know anything about him, stating the bleeding obvious like his team got relegated is adding nothing to the conversation.