• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Trust Elections 2023

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
The following shows the number of votes each nominee received, the top four are elected.

1304 voted, 33% (similar to last year's 34%)

Nick Hawker 902
Neil Le Milliere 813
Doug Hillard 691
Debra Noble 675
Mike Higgins 524
Al Yates 393

Last edited:

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
Did Al Yates really receive zero votes?

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
No, I voted for him

milts

Any feedback on the AOB questions?

Mid Devon Grecian

Here are my ramblings post the AGM.

Was well attended. Phoenix we’re a bit disorganised but really generous they let us have the space for free.

A few tech issues with the PowerPoints etc.

Good to hear from the CEO & CFO. Joe Gorman (CFO) has only been in situ for 5 weeks, already financial information available to inform decisions is greatly improved.

Joe is working on getting next years budget set and agreed early December, this is way ahead of previous years. There was talk of ‘scenario planning’ which I would hope includes what ifs of items such as ‘sacking the manager’, ‘paying a transfer fee for a striker’ or ‘implications of relegation’. He spoke confidently for someone who’s only just got his feet under the desk.

A couple of things struck me, firstly he is going to actively manage the clubs cash balances I.e. spreading risk and getting competitive interest rates - good business practice.

Secondly there is going to be a review of all contracts the club has with suppliers to check competitiveness. Again, sound business practice.

He and Jeremy are also working on a plan to make the club sustainable without reliance on transfer fees - not much detail on that but hard to argue against it. The idea being that transfer fees are reinvested in other areas I.e. playing & support staff and infrastructure.

Sorry to disappoint those (including me) who want a change of manager. Nick Hawker gave the impression we’d be supporting GC in the January window. Good news was he pretty much said that the financial position is strong and support will be there for squad strengthening.

Taggy majored on the themes of ‘patience’ and ‘slow and steady progress’ being the ethos of the Trust model and reeled off the many achievements we’ve had under this structure.

He also did a bit about the ECCT which was enlightening for me. I had no idea how significant the charitable side of the club was. I think it has an annual income of circa £2m which is used to support many and varied community initiatives in and around the City.

Of particular interest is a proposed development of sporting facilities at King George V playing fields which includes and indoor pitch. The indoor pitch is a key criteria of enabling Cat 2 status for the Academy which would see us on a par with the Bristol clubs and those lot west of us once they’ve got their new set up established.

Nick also covered the rumours of offer being made for the club and the ‘members’ not being consulted. He categorically stated that no detailed offers have been received. There had been a few vague enquiries, none of which had developed to the point of any offer being made.

There is some direct investment being made by the Trust to enlarge and improvesome of the food kiosks, a disabled toilet for the away end and a ‘drinking’ area at the away end which will mean the bar can remain open through ought the game thus increasing revenue.

There are also plans afoot to put some roof cover in the fans zone area and a new food/drink outlet there which will be run by the club not an outside business.

There’s still an underlying sense of lack of a big vision but also quite a few positives.

MerleyRed

An observation from todays meeting. It appears that community plans are well advanced to develop the King George sports facilities. The significant point being that they include the building of a covered indoor pitch, which might provide us with the opportunity to pursue Cat 2 status for the Academy, thereby remaining competitive with Argyle and the Bristol clubs.

- I see that MDG beat me to it....

Mid Devon Grecian

Any feedback on the AOB questions?
Nick did his best to answer some of them as well as he could given the understandable need to respect confidential matters.

He was very candid about the Harris lad from Fulham. The lad wanted to come, Fulham wanted him to come. They (Fulham) simply messed up the paperwork. Didn’t come through in time. Maybe we’ll see him in January.

Also told a story about the Niskanen signing - it was on, then off, then back I again. He was just making the point it’s a frenzy.

Also talked about players not wanting to relocate. We’d offered more money to some but they chose to stay local for less.

GC comes to every board meeting and by the sounds of it has convinced them the form is down to the injuries.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Here are my ramblings post the AGM.

Was well attended. Phoenix we’re a bit disorganised but really generous they let us have the space for free.

A few tech issues with the PowerPoints etc.

Good to hear from the CEO & CFO. Joe Gorman (CFO) has only been in situ for 5 weeks, already financial information available to inform decisions is greatly improved.

Joe is working on getting next years budget set and agreed early December, this is way ahead of previous years. There was talk of ‘scenario planning’ which I would hope includes what ifs of items such as ‘sacking the manager’, ‘paying a transfer fee for a striker’ or ‘implications of relegation’. He spoke confidently for someone who’s only just got his feet under the desk.

A couple of things struck me, firstly he is going to actively manage the clubs cash balances I.e. spreading risk and getting competitive interest rates - good business practice.

Secondly there is going to be a review of all contracts the club has with suppliers to check competitiveness. Again, sound business practice.

He and Jeremy are also working on a plan to make the club sustainable without reliance on transfer fees - not much detail on that but hard to argue against it. The idea being that transfer fees are reinvested in other areas I.e. playing & support staff and infrastructure.

Sorry to disappoint those (including me) who want a change of manager. Nick Hawker gave the impression we’d be supporting GC in the January window. Good news was he pretty much said that the financial position is strong and support will be there for squad strengthening.

Taggy majored on the themes of ‘patience’ and ‘slow and steady progress’ being the ethos of the Trust model and reeled off the many achievements we’ve had under this structure.

He also did a bit about the ECCT which was enlightening for me. I had no idea how significant the charitable side of the club was. I think it has an annual income of circa £2m which is used to support many and varied community initiatives in and around the City.

Of particular interest is a proposed development of sporting facilities at King George V playing fields which includes and indoor pitch. The indoor pitch is a key criteria of enabling Cat 2 status for the Academy which would see us on a par with the Bristol clubs and those lot west of us once they’ve got their new set up established.

Nick also covered the rumours of offer being made for the club and the ‘members’ not being consulted. He categorically stated that no detailed offers have been received. There had been a few vague enquiries, none of which had developed to the point of any offer being made.

There is some direct investment being made by the Trust to enlarge and improvesome of the food kiosks, a disabled toilet for the away end and a ‘drinking’ area at the away end which will mean the bar can remain open through ought the game thus increasing revenue.

There are also plans afoot to put some roof cover in the fans zone area and a new food/drink outlet there which will be run by the club not an outside business.

There’s still an underlying sense of lack of a big vision but also quite a few positives.
Thanks MDG.

Not surprised by Hawker’s support for GC but pleasing to hear we will invest in the squad in January. Just hope GC puts it to good use, we’ll have to see.

Also sounds like the CEO has something about him and fingers crossed he can maximise our income off the pitch.

Mid Devon Grecian

Thanks MDG.

Not surprised by Hawker’s support for GC but pleasing to hear we will invest in the squad in January. Just hope GC puts it to good use, we’ll have to see.

Also sounds like the CEO has something about him and fingers crossed he can maximise our income off the pitch.
In respect of the CEO he is alive to the fact that our ownership structure could open us up to financial support from significant businesses way beyond the mainly local support we get through current sponsors. This is smart thinking, remains to be seen if he can pull it off.

Also keen to enhance our ‘Green’ credentials and we’ve just taken on an intern with a Masters from Exeter Uni to kick start a study into how we can ‘Green’ the business.

Both of these areas could enhance our income generation and he’s also looking to recruit a ‘Digital Media’ person to amplify our unique business model.