• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Shrewsbury Matchday Thread 28th Nov 2023. k.o. 7:45 and 9:45.

Memphis09

You can. But we've gone from Brown, Nombe, Stansfield to Scott, Muskwe and Diabate in the space of six months.

His fault.
Agree those are better players but non of them would of been here no matter who the manager was
I also agree Scott and Muskwe are awful but Diabate feel for him

Memphis09

The players were clapped. Booing started when Caldwell appeared, and finished when he left.
Ok

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
All a bit flat in the end, the match and the protest. We deserved to win on account of the fact that we had the most shots and the game was largely played in their half. Having said that we were still open to the counter attack and once again we can thank Sinisalo for saving our skins with the save of the match.
Point against Shrews is not good enough and we can only hope that returning players will quickly get match fit, Niskanen looked lively and Wildshutt our biggest threat by far. Diabate isn't the answer and Scott's only effort was when the ball rebounded off him!

Grecian Max

Well it wasn’t 7 0 so I don’t think it was the worst possible result although I could not see us scoring if we played until the Port Vale
My 3 0 forecast went out the window
I don’t think you understand what I mean by worse possible result

It’s neither a loss and clear decision for the board or a win to get us back on track

Memphis09

I don’t think you understand what I mean by worse possible result

It’s neither a loss and clear decision for the board or a win to get us back on track
Ok take your point sorry

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
When will Caldwell stop saying in interviews that he's sure we can "still go onto have a very successful season?" What does that mean? What's a successful season? Who wouldn't chew their own arm off for 19th on goal difference, now? Feels like a parallel universe.

STURTZ

Jules looked better in defence but Wildshutt needed some support up the left, too often he broke clear with strong running but had no back up. Maybe Harper?

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Someone, maybe Yanic, whipped a great ball across the six-yard box midway through the second half. Unfortunately, the only person arriving in the box was the diminutive Dion Rankine and it sailed over his head.

AndyR

Thought tonight was a big improvement although admittedly from a very low bar.

Picks for me were Cole, Niskanen and Wildschut (great to see all of them play nearly the whole match). Sinisalo and Aimson also very good, whilst Jules IMO looked more reliable than the recent Hartridge.

The glaring hole is clearly up front where Diabate does add some physicality and nuisance value but isn't a striker and Rankine looked someway off his early season fitness and form, with some of his control poor. Rabbits out of the hat required in this area in January....

Given results in recent weeks and a cold midweek evening, I didn't think the crowd of 5,288 was bad.

denzel

Given results in recent weeks and a cold midweek evening, I didn't think the crowd of 5,288 was bad.
Was probably more like 4200, lots of spaces where season ticket holders normally sit