• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Stevenage vs Exeter City Official Matchday Thread

haka

Well, nobody can say they chucked it in. Whatever happens off the pitch, that's a great morale-booster on it.

supernova

Within the context of a normal run of form featuring occasional wins, a draw away at Stevenage with 10 men would be a very nice result.
Cheick at the back and Wildman up front were so refreshing. Sweeney needs to keep the armband

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
A fantastic away point and fantastic to score a goal. Caldwell should still be gone but huge credit to him and the players today for not collapsing in the second half.

If Aimson comes back in for Diabate next week I'll be fuming

yticretexe

Any Caldwell out chants at the end?

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
Well done to us. That second half has to be the blueprint now.

Stevenage must be terrible if they can't beat us with ten men.

dontpassback

Good battling point against a team in good form,so well done city,good battling performance UTC !

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Well done to us. That second half has to be the blueprint now.

Stevenage must be terrible if they can't beat us with ten men.
And yet they're somehow up near the top of the table. According to the stats we had the same number of shots of target as them.

Grecian Max

Second half was pretty good I thought. Stevenage had a number of chances they really should have scored, the one over the bar from 6 yards or so being the standout, as well as Sinisalo with an amazing couple of saves and Niskanen off the line.

Didn't really threaten all game other than our goal; had a couple of counter attacks but there is no outlet.

In isolation it's a good point and noticeably battling performance. In the great scheme of things I'm not sure we've really turned a corner.

Diabate superb, as was Sinisalo. Cole anonymous. Yanic is a probably our best attacking outlet still.

Cambridge I suspect we will revert to type, today felt like they were as up for it as the Middlesborough game - we basically have to have the players at 110% to get anything from a game with these tactics.

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
Well deserved point.What I'm learning from L1 is that position in the table means nothing.Any team can look as bad as us.Stevenage didn't deserve anything from that game if it was 11v11.Get rid of Caldwell. We need players in their best positions once we get a couple of strikers in.Keep the backline as it is for the next game.

More injuries again?

Grecian Max

And yet they're somehow up near the top of the table. According to the stats we had the same number of shots of target as them.
Stevenage had much, much better chances - I'm sure someone will argue differently but they missed some absolute sitters.