• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Stevenage vs Exeter City Official Matchday Thread

yticretexe

And yet they're somehow up near the top of the table. According to the stats we had the same number of shots of target as them.
They put a lot into the box and Cheick dealt with almost everything. We also didn’t have enough of the ball to pass it around at the back.

Mid Devon Grecian

Hope the injuries to Rankine & Wildschutt aren’t too bad?

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Away points are good. Absolutely got to build on this.

yticretexe

Stevenage had much, much better chances - I'm sure someone will argue differently but they missed some absolute sitters.
probably fair. Blazed one over the bar, off the line and Vil made a good couple saves.

supernova

Stevenage had much, much better chances - I'm sure someone will argue differently but they missed some absolute sitters.
that’s football

Albumen

Second half was pretty good I thought. Stevenage had a number of chances they really should have scored, the one over the bar from 6 yards or so being the standout, as well as Sinisalo with an amazing couple of saves and Niskanen off the line.

Didn't really threaten all game other than our goal; had a couple of counter attacks but there is no outlet.

In isolation it's a good point and noticeably battling performance. In the great scheme of things I'm not sure we've really turned a corner.

Diabate superb, as was Sinisalo. Cole anonymous. Yanic is a probably our best attacking outlet still.

Cambridge I suspect we will revert to type, today felt like they were as up for it as the Middlesborough game - we basically have to have the players at 110% to get anything from a game with these tactics.
No way of knowing if that’s a corner turned. Probably worth enjoying the moment though.

We’re in a relegation battle now so points like this are to be enjoyed. 💪🏻

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
And the good news is that we can't play Aitchison next week.

Bridgy 81

Well done lads.
Great batting point in tricky circumstances.
Cava has just been opened 🍾🥂

Grecian Max

probably fair. Blazed one over the bar, off the line and Vil made a good couple saves.
Indeed, wheres we had... 1) Yanic and Rankine 2 on one and then Yanic hitting it against a player, 2) Yanic through, shoots and it was spilled to Trevitt, 3) a fairly weak Trevitt shot from 20 yards

I think that cover most of it second half

Banksy

Well done to us. That second half has to be the blueprint now.

Stevenage must be terrible if they can't beat us with ten men.
Guess a bit of a one man band with Reid‘s goals.Lose his contribution up front and they’ll slide down.Hopefully we can get a good forward in ourselves and some decent defenders to add more spine and start getting some better results on board.Shows what can be done with a bit of fight and showing some guts though. Still think Caldwell should go though regardless of today.