• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

League One - 2023/24

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
A bit weird that the BBC website is showing the table from when the game was postponed in November 🤔

KentGrecian

A bit weird that the BBC website is showing the table from when the game was postponed in November 🤔
Agree. A frustrating app at times.

Nigel E

I've seen that before, it's very strange and a bit tinpot how it seems to permanently link the match to its original date

We are still 20th, but only 10pts off the play offs so slightly better than now…

Nigel E

Finished 2-1 to Barnsley.

Nigel E

Finished 2-1 to Barnsley.
Following your relegation rivals' matches via "In Play" betting websites is pretty miserable really. And we've got another three and a half months of this.

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
We are still 20th, but only 10pts off the play offs so slightly better than now…
Play offs , that really is a laugh.Looking at the last half dozen results of the bottom four , Reading and Cheltenham seem to be stringing some results together..So I reckon we could soon be floundering in the bottom four ourselves given we’re making hard work of signing anyone or any two who can actually score a decent goal.But then , it’s all been said many many times before by a lot of different folk on here and still we lumber on , the transfer thread made up with a load of hopeful nonsense.
No urgency from the characters in charge so you would almost think there’s no desire to stay in League One so let’a just sit back and sink to the level the club is comfortable in , League Two.

sign of the chimes

Play offs , that really is a laugh.Looking at the last half dozen results of the bottom four , Reading and Cheltenham seem to be stringing some results together..So I reckon we could soon be floundering in the bottom four ourselves given we’re making hard work of signing anyone or any two who can actually score a decent goal.But then , it’s all been said many many times before by a lot of different folk on here and still we lumber on , the transfer thread made up with a load of hopeful nonsense.
No urgency from the characters in charge so you would almost think there’s no desire to stay in League One so let’a just sit back and sink to the level the club is comfortable in , League Two.
I've said elsewhere that having seen Cheltenham's numbers since Clarke took over and their performance against us that there's no way they'll finish in the bottom four barring forces majeure. Wigan are a mid-table side based on results so far - and look far too talented to get truly drawn in to the relegation scrap.

I think a lot will be watching what happens to the Reading squad over the next few weeks. Will there be a firesale? If there is, where does that leave them (and their depleted management team)?

Shrewsbury look pretty vulnerable to me - seventeen goals in 27 league matches; and results seem to be catching up with their performances.

Spoonz Red E

Banksy

I've said elsewhere that having seen Cheltenham's numbers since Clarke took over and their performance against us that there's no way they'll finish in the bottom four barring forces majeure. Wigan are a mid-table side based on results so far - and look far too talented to get truly drawn in to the relegation scrap.

I think a lot will be watching what happens to the Reading squad over the next few weeks. Will there be a firesale? If there is, where does that leave them (and their depleted management team)?

Shrewsbury look pretty vulnerable to me - seventeen goals in 27 league matches; and results seem to be catching up with their performances.
Can’t disagree. From City’s point of view it just seems a pity to me that we are relying on the results of a few teams around us being poor whilst continuing to play with little conviction ourselves..The way we’re going we don’t really deserve to be in League One and it’s so sad we’re giving up the right to so easily after fighting so hard to get promoted in the first place.