• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Caldwell out?

Gary Caldwell as our manager

• In

Votes: 230 60.1%
  • Out

Votes: 153 39.9%

• Total voters

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
Hes going to get sacked eventually but it’s not going to be this season. I really thought that was possible with enough pressure but it isn’t going to happen because the board things they’re smarter than they really are.

October/November in League 2 the most likely time, bookmark this!
Think he’ll go when he takes us down so a good chance end of this term.

Banksy

You do know that the English language has this thing called 'punctuation ', don't you?
Here endeth the English lesson.

DawlishBouy

I've always likened Sunderland's fanbase to Argyle's. When they're ding badly they get 15-18k at home but when they're doing well that figure doubles.

Contrast that to when Manchester City were getting 38k in the third tier.
Your choice of Man City and Sunderland to make your point is way off the mark:
Man City’s only season in L1 - 1998/99 finished 3rd and promoted.
highest attendance 32,471
lowest attendance 24,291

Sunderland’s first season in L1 - 2018/19 finished 5th
highest attendance 46,039
lowest attendance 27,580
In their promotion season Sunderland had 22 attendances higher than Man City’s best.

elginCity

Maine Road capacity was only around 32k for much of that season due to redevelopment.

See Caldwell in has now crept above 30%. For how long though.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
Maine Road capacity was only around 32k for much of that season due to redevelopment.

See Caldwell in has now crept above 30%. For how long though.
If we lose today then surely all belief must be gone, what nuggets would there be to hold on too.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Hes going to get sacked eventually but it’s not going to be this season. I really thought that was possible with enough pressure but it isn’t going to happen because the board things they’re smarter than they really are.

October/November in League 2 the most likely time, bookmark this!
I think this run we've got after Cambridge looks pretty unforgiving... If we're not picking up any points in it and we come out of January not looking much stronger than we went in, we'll be flirting with bottom place and the pressure will be too intense to ignore. By that stage of course, it'll probably be too late to do anything much about this season. Alternative I'm wrong about our prospects and we pick up a couple of wins and draws from that tough run of games, in which case, he'll be kept on on merit

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
If we lose today then surely all belief must be gone, what nuggets would there be to hold on too.
We keep saying that, there are some who will back him regardless.

JGrecian23

Results and league position are completely irrelevant to some. There are certain supporters who will always just be happy to have a club and have a massive inferior complex that we can't compete with the likes of Cambridge and Burton Albion.

They will also not have a bad word said about any aspect of the club, be that the management team, players or the board.

In a weird way it's admirable, they stick to their beliefs and support the club through thick and thin. They don't see that blindly supporting the manager and allowing the board to sleepwalk us into relegation is not helpful and actually causes more damage than the negative fans they slate on here.

It's each to their own, I won't understand them being like that and they won't understand why I get so frustrated and angry that the club is like this. Can't all agree can we.

Just don't expect anything to change no matter where we are in the league.

Mr Jinx

Think he’ll go when he takes us down so a good chance end of this term.
I don't think he will, unless he walks.

He's be shown to be a charlatan and a fraud some months ago when it became fairly obvious we'd be going down. And the club still kept faith.

Alistair20000

Support for GC rises by 1 overnight. 🤷‍♂️