• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Bristol Rovers match day thread

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Sonny has netted three goals since coming back and all three were match winners. He missed a golden chance yesterday and we got nothing from the game.

Feed the Cox.

Oldsmobile-88

Aye..I could do with some of that at the moment..

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Sonny has netted three goals since coming back and all three were match winners. He missed a golden chance yesterday and we got nothing from the game.

Feed the Cox.
Missed two quite similar chances in two games. Always seems better to me if strikers miss chances than not get them to miss. Those one on ones aren't as straightforward as all that. If you can bag 1 every 2 or 3, that seems decent to me. IF you get the chances!

Oldsmobile-88

Feed the Cox.
Oh-er missus 😱 *

* Copyright Al..

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
I always remember that Bowman needed 3 or 4 chances to get one,but we wouldn't have been half the team without the goals he scored that year.You can never concentrate too much on giving the strikers more chances than they should need.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Cureton took 3 chances to net 1, contrary to belief.

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
We must be the most patient fans in the country.
We’ve scored 8 goals at home in 15 games FFS 😡
nothing will change until the tactics change and Caldwell has shown that won’t happen.

our build up play is too slow and we pass the ball the same way there are way too many passes played which don’t hurt the opposition.

starting at a slow tempo unless you go in-front makes it so difficult to then up the tempo once you go behind and then win or come back into the game hence why so many average sides have kept clean sheets against us at home.

Shrewsbury, Cambridge, Bristol Rovers, Port Vale, Wigan, Northampton, Arsenal U21, Portsmouth , Blackpool , Barnsley have all come to SJP and kept a clean sheet….10 teams! it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to work out something isn’t working on that basis.

At SJP we have a lot of the ball but teams quickly work out that getting into their shape is enough to stop us scoring.

We will stay up based on there being 4 worse sides than us (just)….for me though the value for money going to SJP currently is appalling and yet we get 8000 through the gates the club are unbelievably lucky how patient and loyal the fans are.

Also why take Sonny off ? and Eisa on? why not play them together go 2 up front? especially when your losing….

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
Cureton took 3 chances to net 1, contrary to belief.
I issues is Cox had next to no service and Eisa literally had zero service. As @CREDYGRECIAN has pointed out above, the issue lays in our approach and tactical set up. That was so clearly the issue on Saturday, we didn't actually change anything with our subs, we just tried putting different players around the pitch and kept asking them to do the same thing which clearly wasn't working.

Antony Moxey

The strikers might have had something had Niskanen not had such a stinker. I couldn't tell you how many times he had the ball on either side of the pitch but he did absolutely nothing with it, other than lose it. I doubt he'll ever have as poor a game in his life.