• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Bristol Rovers match day thread

Stelios

Just seen the Cox 1-on-1. He really telegraphed where the shot was going. Made the keepers mind up for him.

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
Ward and Aguilera in the team of the week. No surprise really, teams have to raise their games to beat us.

Stelios

Who do you consider to be an NFL plastic?
Anyone who pronounces the words pasta, Parmesan, oregano and Craig normally :D

Mid Devon Grecian

Ward and Aguilera in the team of the week. No surprise really, teams have to raise their games to beat us.
All they have to do is score first and park the bus. Not sure that constitutes raising their game.

Alistair20000

All they have to do is score first and park the bus. Not sure that constitutes raising their game.
If it works then that is all that matters

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Never said that. My point was that those seeking to suggest Rovers were a class apart and that we deserved to lose are blinkered by their antipathy towards the manager. If you want to slate him for keeping the completely ineffective Niskanen on for the entire 90 mins then that, it seems to me, is a fair shout. However, to suggest we were never at the races and Rovers ran out deserved winners is nonsense.
The more important point is...we did lose, despite having a good amount of possession AND creating some decent chances. Let's hope the new guys are more clinical finishers cos God knows we need to start scoring more goals.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Broadly speaking, I think you're right. However, I saw a table a week or two ago, in which of all the teams in League One, we had the biggest discrepancy between xG and actual goals scored and therein, it seems to me, lies our biggest problem.
Exactly this. XG isn't player specific.

Mid Devon Grecian

If it works then that is all that matters
It usually works against us as we score so few goals and have no plan b

Grecian Max

Who do you consider to be an NFL plastic?
Definitely not you, cowboy

🤠

Antony Moxey

Definitely not you, cowboy

🤠
And now you’re calling me a f***ing Cowboy??? It‘s a rare skill to be able to insult someone without even realising…