• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Can we make improvements to the away end to enhance the away fan experience?

elginCity

Very well known Exeweb poster
what years was this?
Early to mid-70s, maybe even before then. The days of Binney and Banks when boiled burgers, bovril and Brut helped mask the smell of stale pi$$ and vomitories from beyond the old railway sleepers.

Cosway wore his big, bass drum on the chest like in a marching band, and led the Cowshed choir to his beat.

tea stand

Early to mid-70s, maybe even before then. The days of Binney and Banks when boiled burgers, bovril and Brut helped mask the smell of stale pi$$ and vomitories from beyond the old railway sleepers.

Cosway wore his big, bass drum on the chest like in a marching band, and led the Cowshed choir to his beat.
I started going in 75 and honestly dont remember a drum, not saying there wasnt one or he may have hung up his bass drum by then ?
Boiled burgers, bovril and Brut...i can almost smell it!

iscalad

Not forgetting the fag smoke...

tea stand

yes, beat me too it

Andy Holloway

And the smell of cheap cigars at Christmas!

bimmerman

I’ve heard lots of positive feedback from away supporters who have stood in the St James Rd end. One of the main points is the choice to stand on a designated terrace, a rarity these days, plus the good acoustics from the low roof.
I stood in there for the barrow game. Good little stand. Why not move the away to the main stand corner and half the standing part as can segregate, and have half the standing as city season tickets, less likely to have any security issues as they'll lose an entire season of games if their an idiot

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
I stood in there for the barrow game. Good little stand. Why not move the away to the main stand corner and half the standing part as can segregate, and have half the standing as city season tickets, less likely to have any security issues as they'll lose an entire season of games if their an idiot
Away fans could still be idiots though.

You'd also loose a big chunk of space in the middle of it as a cordon sanitaire.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Barnet looking to move again.

Wonder if they'll have any second-hand stands for sale?

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Barnet looking to move again.

Wonder if they'll have any second-hand stands for sale?
Chairman sounds like he has very deep pockets. I assume they don't own the Hive otherwise moving is a huge additional cost to bear

denzel

Haven't they looked at this before but had the nimbies from Hell which is why they went to Harrow?