• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Can we make improvements to the away end to enhance the away fan experience?

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
So if you move the walkway from the back of the stand to the front of the stand how does that improve capacity? You still need a walkway, it still has to be the same width. Where do you gain extra capacity if all you’ve done is moved a stand? A 10x10 box is still a 10x10 box no matter where it’s located.
A good alternative might be to open the abandoned access in Well Street. I assume thats still there in a neglected fashion?

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
It retails for £2. If the away fan would have spent that anyway, that's £2 per cup we lose out on. There may be a few that think 'oh that's nice of them' but do they come back?
As has been pointed out previously, it's only for the first 50 through the turnstiles.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
A good alternative might be to open the abandoned access in Well Street. I assume thats still there in a neglected fashion?
You are aware we built two new stands, right? I seem to remember you mentioning something about the Adam Stansfield Stand before.

Screenshot_20240208_183221_Maps.jpg

Antony Moxey

It was abandoned because it was unsafe. There’s not a chance we’d ever be given permission to use it again, that’s if it’s even still in existence.

*edit: I see from the pic above the gate’s still there but it’s been filled in behind. Want to borrow a shovel?

Colesman Ballz

It was closed and abandoned for safety reasons. There was no pavement outside and you couldn't have spectators rushing out straight onto the carriageway.

iscalad

You are aware we built two new stands, right? I seem to remember you mentioning something about the Adam Stansfield Stand before.

View attachment 14770
Mind the gap...

Colesman Ballz

Mind the gap...
Not to mention the "vomitories" of course ! :p

iscalad

Not to mention the "vomitories" of course ! :p
They make me sick.....

tea stand

Chris Cosway, the Cowshed drummer, would like a quiet word !
what years was this?

Oldsmobile-88

I’ve heard lots of positive feedback from away supporters who have stood in the St James Rd end. One of the main points is the choice to stand on a designated terrace, a rarity these days, plus the good acoustics from the low roof.