• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Derby County matchday thread

Benjisheps14

Milwaukee, Wisconsin (but formerly Bude, Cornwall)
We've been excellent. The difference between mid table and top of the league. Crappy individual errors. Niskanen an obvious weak link and can see him coming off at HT and for us to be in the market for a RWB in the summer.
Agree that Niskanen hasn’t been good tonight. I’d be surprised if he comes off at HT though as I would assume part of his role tonight is to help Aimson deal with Corey Blackett-Taylor who is one of Derby’s best players.
In that regard he has done his job but unfortunately has been poor when in possession.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
Definitely unlucky. But for the post it would be a fair reflection of the game. But our usual no goal in the first half.
Ref has been pretty good, not taking any nonsense, don't know why the Derby fans are whinging.
Hopefully Dion comes on early in the second half and we can do another Peterborough

Avening Posse

Need to take a few more risks as not creating enough chances. Look fairly solid though bar the occasional individual errors. I'd like to see Rankine for Niskanen and I'd bring Cox on as well maybe for Harris

manc grecian

Started well moving the ball quickly and the game was nice and open. Derby then sat off and we slipped into coma mode passing the ball sideways and slowly.

The goal we conceded was ***** all round. Niskanen giving the ball away then failing to foul him properly then nobody closed down the shot and Sinisalo dived over it.

Pass it quicker and we look decent.

Bridgy 81

I'm not as down on Niskanen as some people are,
but how about replacing him with Rankine and going for it in the second half?
Because to me Derby don't seem all that.

fred binneys head

Decent game, like a game of chess though, not much creativity from either side but strong defensive shapes cancelling each other out. Vil couldn’t do anything about the goal, he had it covered but it took a wicked bounce that took it over him, lucky Derby bastards.

Need to attack with more purpose in the second half and we can get something from the game. COYR.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
It came from Niskanen giving it away very cheaply, then running back and failing to either tackle or foul Bird.
Agreed but when we're in possession and it breakdown in midfield there's never anyone covering that area.

tonykellowfan

Niskanen has been poor every single game I have seen him play. He simply isn't good enough.

PeteUSA

Niskanen a weak link and as much to blame for the goal as his compatriot.
You cant blame a defender for that goal. That shot from that distance should have presented a routine save from Sinisalo. That was a very poor goal from the keepers point of view, particularly given the fact that he would have seen the shot alll the way.