• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Derby County matchday thread

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
You cant blame a defender for that goal. That shot from that distance should have presented a routine save from Sinisalo. That was a very poor goal from the keepers point of view, particularly given the fact that he would have seen the shot alll the way.
I can blame whoever I like, thank you very much 😂

Both at fault.

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
Agreed but when we're in possession and it breakdown in midfield there's never anyone covering that area.
Very true.

Woods will hopefully remedy that once back to fitness.

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
Niskanen has been poor every single game I have seen him play. He simply isn't good enough.
He was good at Wigan

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Standing right behind Sinisalo and that wasnt one for the showreel. Poor as others have said about Ilmari losing it but several players also culpable of switching off and allowing him to shoot. However, we are well in this and i still fancy at least a draw

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
City really should be going in at half time even .The passing sideways at the back is even more painful,but less of it now we are 0-1.We should target Adams, he has a short fuse.One dimensional going forward, not using the right at all.Cox for Harris with Aitch moving behind the two strikers.

tom_ecfc

3rd highest league attendance at SJP this season.

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
Need a goal or two. Hopefully GC's thinking about bringing on Owen Goal or D. Flection for the second half.

Last edited:

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
Aitchison got a daft booking again.Wish he would keep his discipline.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Niskanen looks better suited to a Matt Taylor team to me. Not sure the controlled posession stuff suits his strengths

noel_blake

Oops