• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Serious Torquay Thread

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
The loan is from Riviera Stadium Ltd and it’s unsecured. He isn’t going to get his money back unless some generous soul decides to buy the club for about £5m!!
Stranger thing have happened. :) Seriously though, I can't see him getting a bean back, The administrators are there for TUFC's creditors and in the end will only probably be able to offer something like 0.1p in the £1?

DB9

Wishful thinking or genuine hope?

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster

I know someone on the TUST board and he is definitely singing off the same hymn sheet as Brodrick, seems confident of a takeover rather than hopeful.

DB9

I know someone on the TUST board and he is definitely singing off the same hymn sheet as Brodrick, seems confident of a takeover rather than hopeful.
If you were to buy the club, Would you buy it from Osborne (Now) as its not officially in administration (I think) or would you wait until you get a much better deal/less debt if bought off the administrator?

denzel

bUt nOOnE iS INteREsTeD iN bUYinG a cLuB iN dEvON

Reactions: DB9

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
If you were to buy the club, Would you buy it from Osborne (Now) as its not officially in administration (I think) or would you wait until you get a much better deal/less debt if bought off the administrator?
I did ask a few questions but he understandably wanted to keep it under wraps a bit, he has had a few calls with people with interest this week.

From the outside looking in, until it's done I'm still not convinced.

DB9

I did ask a few questions but he understandably wanted to keep it under wraps a bit, he has had a few calls with people with interest this week.

From the outside looking in, until it's done I'm still not convinced.
Indeed, Lots of twists and turns until a deal is completed, The thing i'd be concerned about if the words "Local Consortium" are used, These are not the best and they've tried that before and they sold out to Osborne.

Boyo

Osbourne may be open to offers if he thinks the amount is higher than what he'd get through administration and subsequent CVA.

Mid Devon Grecian

Indeed, Lots of twists and turns until a deal is completed, The thing i'd be concerned about if the words "Local Consortium" are used, These are not the best and they've tried that before and they sold out to Osborne.
Osbornes in for circa £5m of unsecured loans. Who in their right mind would pay £5m for TUFC in its current state?

I guess someone might offer Osborne a better deal than if went into Admin but he’d still take a massive haircut

Boyo

bUt nOOnE iS INteREsTeD iN bUYinG a cLuB iN dEvON
Er, Torquay are not exactly the shining exemplar of investment into a Devon football club. Massive debts, lowest ever league position and and very uncertain future.