• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Matt Taylor - sacked by Rotherham & employed by Bristol Rovers

geoffwp

Very well known Exeweb poster
MT is a decent football manager and a thoroughly pleasant person. The football we played that promotion season will stay with me. I hope he turns things around where he is.

tavyred

Why do you dislike MT so much?

Got to be one of the more successful name/manager at the club

Bit weird if you ask me
I loved KMT when he was here, just delighting in the irony now of his current club going in the opposite direction to ours when a few short weeks ago some on here were yearning for his return as our manager! 🤣

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
I loved KMT when he was here, just delighting in the irony now of his current club going in the opposite direction to ours when a few short weeks ago some on here were yearning for his return as our manager! 🤣
But just because things aren't going that well at Rovers doesn't mean it wouldn't have gone well for him if he'd returned here.

Grecian Max

Oh I know - you were on your knees thanking MT for giving you and your son one of your best City moments

It’s pretty clear that Rovers is a completely different scenario to down here, one look at Barton’s Twitter feed will probably give you an idea of the characters he was looking for in the dressing room

I imagine one day he’ll probably do a second stint, always got that impression, I’m sure you’ll give him the adulation he deserves again

Grecian Max

It is weird. Just wait until GC gets us near the play offs next season, and then gets a job and leaves us for a lower half championship side. 😂
“I never loved him anyway”

💄

tavyred

But just because things aren't going that well at Rovers doesn't mean it wouldn't have gone well for him if he'd returned here.
Plenty of people on here weren’t extending that benefit of the doubt to Caldwell when they wanted rid of him and yearned for Taylor! 😎

tavyred

Oh I know - you were on your knees thanking MT for giving you and your son one of your best City moments

It’s pretty clear that Rovers is a completely different scenario to down here, one look at Barton’s Twitter feed will probably give you an idea of the characters he was looking for in the dressing room

I imagine one day he’ll probably do a second stint, always got that impression, I’m sure you’ll give him the adulation he deserves again
So the problem at Rovers maybe not be KMT, but for a long period at City it was obviously Caldwell that was the problem?
Fair enough. 🙄

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Plenty of people on here weren’t extending that benefit of the doubt to Caldwell when they wanted rid of him and yearned for Taylor! 😎
Because Matt Taylor has managed us before, the evidence is there...

Caldwell joined as a serial loser (bar Wigan, I know), therefore fans understandably were very unsure about him.

Alistair20000

If he'd stayed and completed a successful season in League One, he'd have had a lot more attractive offers at the end of it
If if if. How much extra Wonga did he make out of taking the Rotherham gig ?

dontpassback

If if if. How much extra Wonga did he make out of taking the Rotherham gig ?
Good question,but the fact is Rotherham,will be rocking up at SJP a and the memorial stadium next season