• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Last Band you saw

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Saw Tom Robinson a couple of weeks back here in Stourbridge.

(a friend has taken up stewarding. He did four nights watching Take That in Birmingham!)

Snakebite

Well-known Exeweb poster
I’ll pass on one and three but I wouldn’t mind another trip to Download at some point.
I saw KISS, Mötley Crüe and SLASH there one year and Aerosmith, Alter Bridge and Clutch another.
To be honest though I only drove up and back for the day both times.
I’m a bit of a festival lightweight i.e. I’m not keen on camping or being wet for lengthy periods.
Last year we attended all four days of Bearded Theory but went in and out each time and slept in a hotel.
Have a lookout for The Struts at Download on the main stage on the Friday.
Glam rock at its finest!
Enjoy.
Really looking forward to download, QOTSA and the offspring to really relive my teenage years.
We also decided we didn’t fancy soggy camping so are taking a camper van, a wise choice given the long range forecast.

The Struts are brilliant! I saw them accidentally at Reading a couple of years ago and loved them immediately.
The singer is like a love child of Bowie and Mercury, and incidentally lives in Dawlish.

Stelios

And then I'll be off to see Taylor Swift 5 days later at Wembley. Eclectic is what I is.
Are you not tempted to sell the ticket and take early retirement or put down a deposit on a house?

Stelios

Really looking forward to download, QOTSA
They were brilliant at Glasto a year or so ago (watching on TV).

Colesman Ballz

Saw the Exeter based covers band "Charge" at the Old Firehouse last night and thought that they were excellent. Particularly liked the rhythm section who really drove the set along. Any band that covers what is accepted to be the first punk record is alright and "really got me" ! :)

Antony Moxey

I’ll pass on one and three but I wouldn’t mind another trip to Download at some point.
I saw KISS, Mötley Crüe and SLASH there one year and Aerosmith, Alter Bridge and Clutch another.
To be honest though I only drove up and back for the day both times.
I’m a bit of a festival lightweight i.e. I’m not keen on camping or being wet for lengthy periods.
Last year we attended all four days of Bearded Theory but went in and out each time and slept in a hotel.
Have a lookout for The Struts at Download on the main stage on the Friday.
Glam rock at its finest!
Enjoy.
Get a motorhome - festivals are much more bearable. Nothing like having your own shower then cooking yourself a proper fry up for breakfast before heading off for the day. Plus, most importantly, not needing to use festival bogs for a poo. We’ve done the last seven or eight Beautiful Days festivals and after doing the first one in a tent couldn’t go back to that now.

Bridgy 81

Get a motorhome - festivals are much more bearable. Nothing like having your own shower then cooking yourself a proper fry up for breakfast before heading off for the day. Plus, most importantly, not needing to use festival bogs for a poo. We’ve done the last seven or eight Beautiful Days festivals and after doing the first one in a tent couldn’t go back to that now.
When I was growing up, presumably because there were quite a few of us, our family vehicle was a succession of camper vans.
I remember one was a Bedford Dormobile and another a Commer Caravanette.
We had loads of adventures in those.
The things that stick in my mind were breaking down in near Bala and being stranded in a field for several days whilst the relevant part was being sourced (it was the late 60s early 70s).
We didn’t mind though as we had a football to kick around.
Although it was mildly traumatic when a sheep got into the van, presumably as my Mum was cooking.
Sheep have very steely-eyed expressions by the way and don’t seem to be able to walk backwards particularly well.
I also remember my Dad once shutting his hand in the door whilst he was driving.
That must have been on a Cornwall trip as I remember it necessitated a visit to Truro Hospital.
Once for some reason we had to park overnight in a lay-by.
We were told by a local we were in a rough area so my Dad and eldest brother sat in the front seats all night with a knife handy!
My Dad owned a haulage business so I was the only person who was given an occasional lift to school in a lorry.
I took great pleasure in French lessons saying that I came to school ‘en camion’.
I have a Mini these days.
It’s funny how some things seem to get smaller as you get older.

Snakebite

Well-known Exeweb poster
Are you not tempted to sell the ticket and take early retirement or put down a deposit on a house?
I’ll say it quietly, but we’re going twice this summer. The tickets were indeed eye watering but the missus is a huge fan and I’ve countered it by going to download (without her) and then dragging her to Foo fighters and the killers over the summer.

She’d kill me if I tried to sell them!

Stelios

That sounds like a great idea

crocks

The Struts are brilliant! I saw them accidentally at Reading a couple of years ago and loved them immediately.
The singer is like a love child of Bowie and Mercury, and incidentally lives in Dawlish.
Luke Spiller sings on Mike Oldfields album Man on the Rocks