• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

UK and European Politics 2024 Thread

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
Similar vibes. Reform targeting the yout' through Tik Tok. Creepy, creepy, creepy.

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Why on earth does a school in Enfield send children to Clacton for a field trip? Can you now do a GCSE in Social Anthropology?
I do hope this is not a superior, sneering Lady Nugee type comment. :unsure:

So much to see and learn in Clacton and to compare and contrast with the field trip to Hampstead and Islington

1719260741652.png

Spoonz Red E

So much to see and learn in Clacton and to compare and contrast with the field trip to Hampstead and Islington

View attachment 15798
Please don't let 'our Nige' know that those beach huts are painted in the colours of the Pansexual Pride flag.

tavyred

Similar vibes. Reform targeting the yout' through Tik Tok. Creepy, creepy, creepy.
All parties are seeking to target various demographics BB, nothing strange or indeed creepy about that.
If Reform are gaining traction with younger people, rather than comparing them with ‘Hitler Youth’ shouldn’t we be asking why?

arthur

Au contraire. Social Anthropology is defined as "the comparative study of the ways in which people live in different social and cultural settings".

I imagine there is quite a lot to compare between the social and cultural environments of Enfield and Clacton, and the children fortunate enough to be part of this field trip will acquire a wealth of source material.

Mr Jinx

My kids 24 & 21 can’t stand him.

You may need to teach your kids about fraudsters and con artists otherwise they’re going to get fleeced……
21 & 24 yrs old isn't a "kid".

I blame tiktok. Have you not seen "The life of a true Brexit geezer"?

lamrobhero

Nah, this is nonsense mate.
If something is "true" it fits (within measurement error bounds,) the observable data. The literal definition is: that which is true or in accordance with fact or reality. It's not some subjective wishy-washy nonsense. End of story.
But management consultants keep telling me that "thinking outside the box" is a good thing. :)

Mr Jinx

From our very own art....surely not? Lolz.

Spoonz Red E

All parties are seeking to target various demographics BB, nothing strange or indeed creepy about that.
If Reform are gaining traction with younger people, rather than comparing them with ‘Hitler Youth’ shouldn’t we be asking why?
Absolutely we should be asking why.
I accept your wider point.
But also we shouldn't forget what history tells us.

tavyred

Absolutely we should be asking why.
I accept your wider point.
But also we shouldn't forget what history tells us.
You think there is a direct comparison to be made between the rise of Hitler and the political landscape in 1920’s-30’s Germany and Western Europe’s (inc. the UK) current lurch to right wing populism?