• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

UK and European Politics 2024 Thread

arthur

Very well known Exeweb poster
P

The Uni-party cartel will never expose their cosy stitch-up to PR and Reform getting 20% of the vote and an appropriate number of seats AU.

View attachment 15797
Yes, rather liked that bit at the end of the debate. It went largely unremarked on, at least in the media I see.

I can guarantee Reform won't do as well as the SDP/Liberal Alliance in 1983 who got over 25% of the vote and 23 seats. Labour, who got just 700,000 votes more, won 209 seats. I can't remember The Right being particularly bothered then, as Thatcher 's vote share fell and her majority increased by 100

Trapdoor

I for once will not be voting Green - my constituency might be able to remove the Tory incumbent for a Labour MP at a push. First time in decades I'm not voting Green.
Sadly, this will mean 1 less green vote and I suspect will be a broad trend at this election. I know more than a few Green voters who are suspending their personal opinions simply in order to get the Tories out.

I'm all for PR. 1 million green voters would make a significant impact on the HoC.

Mr Jinx

In short, looks like reform likely to come second but only win 5 seats. Assuming the pills aren't under-egging the reform scores. Which I think they will be.

Crucially, they're second in the 18-25 age group, whilst the conservatives are fifth.

In short, the election has the potential to be the catalyst for some change within politics and the UK.
It's really weird. Farage is idolised by kids. Our eldest did a school field trip to Clacton the other day. One of his friends dad gave them Reform leaflets to hand out to the locals. And they duly obliged, to more than willing recipients. Utterly bonkers. Not that I talk about politics at all at home, but our eldest (13 yrs) is begging us to "Vote Nigel".

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
It's really weird. Farage is idolised by kids. Our eldest did a school field trip to Clacton the other day. One of his friends dad gave them Reform leaflets to hand out to the locals. And they duly obliged, to more than willing recipients. Utterly bonkers. Not that I talk about politics at all at home, but our eldest (13 yrs) is begging us to "Vote Nigel".
It's creepy.

Alistair20000

Maybe giving votes to kids is not such a good idea as Sir Keith thinks :unsure:

Grecian2K

With "friends" like this who needs enemies?!
(And, for the Guardian-phobes amongst you, no need to read the article. Just watch and listen to Mr C's " campaigning video)
I just hope Wishi Rishi has got a good early- bird deal on his one way family and friends flight to LAX in a couple of weeks time.

Mid Devon Grecian

My kids 24 & 21 can’t stand him.

You may need to teach your kids about fraudsters and con artists otherwise they’re going to get fleeced……

arthur

Why on earth does a school in Enfield send children to Clacton for a field trip? Can you now do a GCSE in Social Anthropology?

Stelios

Maybe giving votes to kids is not such a good idea as Sir Keith thinks :unsure:
Hard enough to get 18 year olds to vote. I’m not sure most will bother voting.

Spoonz Red E