• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

2024 Summer Transfer Window

kuznetsov

I hope they were all told to take it easy, rather than legging it as fast as they can.

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
I hope they were all told to take it easy, rather than legging it as fast as they can.
So do I.
Otherwise it's a tad concerning if our second (or third?) choice keeper is the fastest in the squad. 😱

iscalad

So do I.
Otherwise it's a tad concerning if our second (or third?) choice keeper is the fastest in the squad. 😱
Why? They're never going to run that far in a game. How quick you are over 10-20 yards is what matters.

Why? They're never going to run that far in a game. How quick you are over 10-20 yards is what matters.
Plus the fact he may just be a keen runner. Much more likely than the rest of the squad being out of shape

Spoonz Red E

I was disappointed to see big Kev didn’t set a time.

sign of the chimes

Bit tinpot that the club didn't sort out a parkrun finish barcode in the name of A Trialist, tbh ;-)

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Reputations on arrival are often not good predictors of how well players end up doing for us.. but can anyone make sense of this Jay Bird thing? Is it a "being allowed to train" with us type thing? He doesn't seem, on paper, like someone who can offer anything at our level? Does Caldwell just see something in him? Thoughts?

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'd imagine GC and the staff see something in him and he's training with us whilst we take a closer look. A bit like Reece Cole last summer. He didn't arrive with a great CV but he turned out to have a really decent season.

Ex-ciderrr

Yeah no harm in a trail and to take a look at some players in training and or some of the earlier friendlies in pre season and of that, playing them in the earlier games is the real time to take a look at them and make a decision in the coming weeks and towards the end you want to have, or be building your squad to start the first league game.

if bird is on trail I expect to see him featuring in the 1st couple at least.

grecIAN Harris

if bird is on trail I expect to see him featuring in the 1st couple at least.
So this "trail" that Bird is on, is it an RSPB one or one ran by the Woodlands Trust? Just so I know as to where I can see him play.