• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

2024 Summer Transfer Window

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'd imagine GC and the staff see something in him and he's training with us whilst we take a closer look. A bit like Reece Cole last summer. He didn't arrive with a great CV but he turned out to have a really decent season.
I mean, great if that's the case, got nothing against finding jewels where everyone else sees bare rock... Just looks on paper like a strange one. Reece Cole was rated and he fell on hard times. There was a rejuvenation narrative. my guess is with this lad, he's just being allowed to train with us, rather than being looked at... Like Carroll at Spurs. But maybe I'm wrong.

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

Ex-ciderrr

So this "trail" that Bird is on, is it an RSPB one or one ran by the Woodlands Trust? Just so I know as to where I can see him play.
Beautiful morning for the binoculars, great spot. Far too quick for me!

richard_portland

Very well known Exeweb poster
Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
I hope they were all told to take it easy, rather than legging it as fast as they can.
when they did Exeter riverside Parkrun a year ago the times were slower than yesterday but I guess the slower ones could have gone quicker if needed.the start at Exmouth can be a bit congested, most of the squad started more towards the middle/back of the field and then worked there way through when it started to spread out.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Bit tinpot that the club didn't sort out a parkrun finish barcode in the name of A Trialist, tbh ;-)
Reputations on arrival are often not good predictors of how well players end up doing for us.. but can anyone make sense of this Jay Bird thing? Is it a "being allowed to train" with us type thing? He doesn't seem, on paper, like someone who can offer anything at our level? Does Caldwell just see something in him? Thoughts?
Unless, of course, the club have played a blinder and the triallist isn't actually Jay Bird but they've just registered him for the Parkrun under the name of someone who looks a bit like him.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
I wonder what Jay Bird's middle name is? Hope it doesn't begin with an 'L'...

Rosencrantz

Reputations on arrival are often not good predictors of how well players end up doing for us.. but can anyone make sense of this Jay Bird thing? Is it a "being allowed to train" with us type thing? He doesn't seem, on paper, like someone who can offer anything at our level? Does Caldwell just see something in him? Thoughts?
Maybe he offers something on pitch that may be worth us at least having a look at even it it doesn't look it on paper.

exespur

I wonder what Jay Bird's middle name is? Hope it doesn't begin with an 'L'...
Get your coat!

Grecian Max

Maybe he offers something on pitch that may be worth us at least having a look at even it it doesn't look it on paper.
One thing we missed last year was a Stanno type option - someone who chases down lost causes from the front, perhaps he offers something like that

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
So did anyone see Ed Francis(Gateshead) having a medical at the club on Friday, or was that another imaginary deal posted on social media by someone bored?