• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

player of the season?

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
Admittedly it was further back the pitch but look at how he left Zebroski floundering to such an extent that Zebroski went off injured.
It was a particularly nasty shimmy.

International

Well-known Exeweb poster
To me it comes down to Gilly, who again never seems to have a bad game, is everywhere, gets stuck in when required, doesn't give the ball away and scores the odd useful goal, and Jonah - who has saved our arse so often this season with one-on-one saves I've lost track. I know he scuffs a kick a game... that's why he's not in the Championship. Ultimately, I'm a (very very poor) keeper myself, so I'm biased, and I'm tending to PJ. Convince me otherwise!
That is how I see it, although I am more impressed by Gill this season than I am Jones at the moment. Once again both players today proved how big a part they have played in the ensuring ECFC have kicked on from last season.

LOG

Very well known Exeweb poster
The thing this season, as we have all seen, is that if a player has a bad game or two, they don't start the next one. Tis ain't scared of mixing it up.

Players have to earn their way back in. This means that we have seen different many different starting 11's and formations. Our league standing speaks for itself though.

Those players that have remained throughout are all players of the season. I'm talking about Jones, Deano, Edwards, Gill, and Stansfield.

Taylor would be in there as well but for injury.

GrecianWonder

The thing this season, as we have all seen, is that if a player has a bad game or two, they don't start the next one. Tis ain't scared of mixing it up.

Players have to earn their way back in.
this is where i feel your wrong in some cases

i know people will start complaining cos im going back to last season but jones had a few shockers but he kept faith in him and he gained confidence from the fact that tis thought he was good.

same with other players...

troy didnt have the best of starts and if Ranieri or another 'tinkerman' would immediately change him and his morale would be low.

then again he does change the strikers to keep them on their toes but you can easily say the best team for city this season

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Is player of the season different to player of the year? Do I have to vote twice?

GrecianWonder

o and jonesy, deano then gill :p

Mr Bridger

hello everyone, been a lurker for a while now and thought it was about time i joined up.anyway my vote would go to..........GILLY.

ECFCBean

Lets not have the wool pulled over our eyes just because Gill scored today, Deano should win it hands down.
Pretty much because after every game even the 6-1 he came over and clapped everyone instead of storming off in a sulk.
If he wasnt playing he would be in the crowd watching...can we say that for anyone else? I doubt it.

first post

Lets not have the wool pulled over our eyes just because Gill scored today, Deano should win it hands down.
Pretty much because after every game even the 6-1 he came over and clapped everyone instead of storming off in a sulk.
If he wasnt playing he would be in the crowd watching...can we say that for anyone else? I doubt it.
I think its safe to say that they are all at every home game, as they have to be so I disagree with that.

Cant see Deano winning it just for clapping the fans at the end of each game either. Surely on consistent performances across the whole season it is either Gilly or Jonesy.

Mr Bridger

bean mate, moxey has been great this season and is obviously in the frame.i think its brilliant that he comes to the fans after every game but clapping the fans doesn't make you the best.