• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

player of the season?

jambo

Well-known Exeweb poster
Special award for Deano - Best Fan Clapper

Those players that have remained throughout are all players of the season. I'm talking about Jones, Deano, Edwards, Gill, and Stansfield.
LOG wins consolation award for Technically Correct Post

Last edited:

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Special award for Deano - Best Fan Clapper
Ooo err missus..sounds a bit rude:)

ECFCBean

Im not saying that he should win it just for that reason...i dont understand first post? they all have to be there? I mean if he wasnt a footballer, if he had a regular 9-5 job he would be at the park supporting city.
I think from what i have seen Deano has been the most consistent, passionate performer of the season and also he plays LB or LW wherever needed and tries right until the final whistle. Correct me if im wrong but werent some people saying they wouldnt be too bothered if Gill was to go in january? Im sure there was a topic on this..?

first post

Bean I thought you meant if he wasnt in the team for that game, not if he was not a footballer.

I disagree that he has been the most consistent this season, but we all have different ideas on what we should be looking for in players etc..

ECFCBean

I knew there was something about Gill...people werent happy with him then so why now is he our 'most consistent player'
http://www.exeweb.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29289&highlight=matt+gill

i think it should be gill, moxey or jones. its a really tough one this season :/

Well-known Exeweb poster
Gill, no doubts, mr consistency all season, 9 goals maybe double figures
moxey? maybe if had scored a few more
taylor? not his fault but the fact is hes missed too much of the season.
Jones? great 1st full season, but player of, not for me..

LBDN

I would have thought a player of the season vote was suppose to go to the person who has performed the most consistantly through the season. Jones took a few months to get to grips with league two and then established himself where as gill has consistantly performed from day 1.

Jones may have had a number of sparkling performances but based on performances across the whole season, gill deserves it solely on consistancy.

Yorkie

Deano.....

happy harry

not sure but i think paul jones or dean moxey