• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Home ticket news 2023/24

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
It's bad enough going to Plymouth, let alone sitting in the home end.
Standing...we were all much younger then.

Oldsmobile-88

There was a silly decision taken with the away end redevelopment. If the fencing to the street had been installed above the wall at the back of pavement line, then decking could be installed above the sloping bank that was created, thereby increasing the size of the concourse area and avoiding the restrictions currently in place. It wouldn't be a major job to rectify that now !
I believe plans are afoot to use the area behind the smaller section of the St James Rd Stand. The temporary storage unit that was behind there has been removed recently.
The plastic bottles of Carlsburg(ABV 3.4% 😁) are easily the best seller in the away end. £4.50 a pop.
They could not be sold for the Gasheads sell out either. 250-300 would have easily been shifted.
Extra soft drinks made available to make up for the lack of lager, a complete waste of time putting them in the unit. None was sold.

Oldsmobile-88

It's bad enough going to Plymouth, let alone sitting in the home end.
Standing in those days mate.Easy to duck & dive..I should have learned my lesson the season before, I stood in the Paddock of the Mayflower Stand 😁

Oldsmobile-88

I believe plans are afoot to use the area behind the smaller section of the St James Rd Stand. The temporary storage unit that was behind there has been removed recently.
The plastic bottles of Carlsburg(ABV 3.4% 😁) are easily the best seller in the away end. £4.50 a pop.
They could not be sold for the Gasheads sell out either. 250-300 would have easily been shifted.
Extra soft drinks made available to make up for the lack of lager, a complete waste of time putting them in the unit. None was sold.
I should add, last night despite it being a horrible evening outside, more Carlsburg was sold than soft drinks. Amazing when you consider that there is no cover, unless one wants to consume it in the toilets.

iscalad

I should add, last night despite it being a horrible evening outside, more Carlsburg was sold than soft drinks. Amazing when you consider that there is no cover, unless one wants to consume it in the toilets.
Isn't Red Square being covered for next season.

Oldsmobile-88

Isn't Red Square being covered for next season.
I think plans are afoot...Also a food outlet beside the bar may be in the offing. At the moment the space is being used for storing recycling material, which I imagine will be transferred to behind the Control Box, where a lot of the post match recycling is done by REDMIKE & his colleagues Phil Wright & Bert.
Big shoutout to those guys, who are volunteers.

tom_ecfc

I think plans are afoot...Also a food outlet beside the bar may be in the offing. At the moment the space is being used for storing recycling material, which I imagine will be transferred to behind the Control Box, where a lot of the post match recycling is done by REDMIKE & his colleagues Phil Wright & Bert.
Big shoutout to those guys, who are volunteers.
Great the club are moving forward with this and the away end lack of space. Anything to increase revenue is a win win! Now lets get a DJ pumping in the Red Square and make a bit of a party atmosphere pre match!

….and to keep it ticket related….this would mean we will sell more tickets! 😉

Colesman Ballz

Amazing when you consider that there is no cover, unless one wants to consume it in the toilets.
That would really be Instant recycling, Shirley a win win scenario ! :cool:

Stelios

Keep an ear out for anyone saying ‘midduck’ on the BB ;)

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
There was a silly decision taken with the away end redevelopment. If the fencing to the street had been installed above the wall at the back of pavement line, then decking could be installed above the sloping bank that was created, thereby increasing the size of the concourse area and avoiding the restrictions currently in place. It wouldn't be a major job to rectify that now !
I'm not sure the planners or SJR residents would / would have waved that through. Also we spent every penny we had just to get the current away end, plus Tony Kleathous selling us the steel work at an advantageous price.

The original (far too expensive) plan was for car parking under the away end (all seated) and an entrance on the corner of Well Street. And hospitality / meeting rooms in the OG replacement. I believe Taggy and ANO went to Hereford to look at their design.