• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Caldwell out?

Gary Caldwell as our manager

• In

Votes: 229 59.9%
  • Out

Votes: 153 40.1%

• Total voters

Grecian_Matt

Who kept Rotherham up then?

Confused.
Matt Taylor as he improved the situation.

Spoonz Red E

Very well known Exeweb poster
Who kept Rotherham up then?

Confused.
The drunks banging dustbin lids together at midnight.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Lets be fair i'd of backed Barry Chuckle to have kept us up with that squad last season
He could've lost every game and completed a season.

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
Feel like this has gone down a bit of a rabbit hole

MT's team, GC came in mid season and used those players to keep us up - shared responsibility

Gary will have had one full season here and if he keeps us up then its full credit

1.5 seasons credit at most, with the next "third" season still to come and unknown

Martin Weiler

I cannot believe I have become embroiled in this argument. Gotta love Exeweb. Now, what colour is an Orange?
A good question with a potentially deeply worrying answer for modern local tribal affiliations or simply a nod to our colours between 1901 and 1910.

Average Joe

Whilst MT spent only 23.91% of the season in charge, the fact it was his team that season counts for a lot. In my mind, Caldwell only really had to keep MT's system and pick the same 11 and the side keeps itself up.
Unless the board matches a like for like manager, no two managers will adopt exactly the same style.

I applaud GC for coming in, letting good players go due to bad attitude and using the loan market wisely. GC could have gone the same way as MT but he saw different things and currently we are sat in 13th place.

I'm stunned fans are not happy sitting at 13th.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Unless the board matches a like for like manager, no two managers will adopt exactly the same style.

I applaud GC for coming in, letting good players go due to bad attitude and using the loan market wisely. GC could have gone the same way as MT but he saw different things and currently we are sat in 13th place.

I'm stunned fans are not happy sitting at 13th.
I'm not really sure what your post has to do with my post that you quoted...

I can only speak for myself here but I don't recall seeing many (if any?) fans saying they're unhappy with us being in 13th, although let's not forget it's a bit of a false position given the games in hand for the teams below us.

What I'm unhappy with is the boring football on show at home games, that's all at this stage.

Average Joe

I'm not really sure what your post has to do with my post that you quoted...

I can only speak for myself here but I don't recall seeing many (if any?) fans saying they're unhappy with us being in 13th, although let's not forget it's a bit of a false position given the games in hand for the teams below us.

What I'm unhappy with is the boring football on show at home games, that's all at this stage.
58.1 percent clearly are not happy, at a guess the league position is a major factor. We are winning games playing the way we do, we are mid table. I guess some people just keep wanting more.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
58.1 percent clearly are not happy, at a guess the league position is a major factor. We are winning games playing the way we do, we are mid table. I guess some people just keep wanting more.
We want to be entertained, which isn't a lot to ask given that's the whole point of going to football.

Average Joe

We want to be entertained, which isn't a lot to ask given that's the whole point of going to football.
Oh, then I guess you are better off going down the road ad watching Morgan Whittaker