• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Caldwell out?

Gary Caldwell as our manager

• In

Votes: 229 59.9%
  • Out

Votes: 153 40.1%

• Total voters

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
So your'e happy with the risk of L2 football then and losing our best players who want to play higher up ?
We could be top of the league and would still lose our best players so I dont actually understand the point you are making? We are, and always will be a relatively small club in the 92. We have climbed a few places up the table in terms of pulling power but equally have been overtaken by a few L2 clubs recently. Even when we reach the Championship guess what we will still lose our best players!!

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
Proof is in the pudding next year now

Must see improvements and not another season like this

supernova

Typo on my part, I had meant 'Of course we're all delighted that Caldwell has managed to rescue the season to the extent that we look almost safe.'

I, and I think the majority of others, was under no illusion that this season was all about survival (even after our excellent start). But that doesn't mean the manager can be excused of decisions that simply aren't getting the best out of the squad, which I think has been the case for much of the campaign.
Fair enough and you might well be right he doesn’t get the best out of the squad, but playing pin the donkey half way through the season to replace him with no real idea of who that would have been would have been potentially fatal

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
We could be top of the league and would still lose our best players so I dont actually understand the point you are making? We are, and always will be a relatively small club in the 92. We have climbed a few places up the table in terms of pulling power but equally have been overtaken by a few L2 clubs recently. Even when we reach the Championship guess what we will still lose our best players!!
But if we recruited an ambitious manager, the likes of Watkins and Ampadu might want to hang about on 5% of their current salary, slumming it in league one for the sake of the badge?

Tired of the little old exeter excuse.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
But if we recruited an ambitious manager, the likes of Watkins and Ampadu might want to hang about on 5% of their current salary, slumming it in league one for the sake of the badge?

Tired of the little old exeter excuse.
Edwin, how do we achieve the status of Big old Exeter

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Edwin, how do we achieve the status of Big old Exeter
Ambition?

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Ambition?
Wow. I'm ambitious to achieve a six pack is that all I need then

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
Fair enough and you might well be right he doesn’t get the best out of the squad, but playing pin the donkey half way through the season to replace him with no real idea of who that would have been would have been potentially fatal
At the time the decision was made to stick with him, that was 'potentially fatal' too.

Which is why the likes of RFS acting all high and mighty about it is arrogant in the extreme.

It's going over old ground, but why would I need to know who the replacement would have been? Was Caldwell on your radar before he got the job? He certainly wasn't on mine. Nor was Tisdale. Or Inglethorpe.

Last edited:

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Wow. I'm ambitious to achieve a six pack is that all I need then
I’d also suggest the club has plenty of ambition already.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
I know it's difficult on here to tell when someone's being sarcastic or sincere, sometimes, but come on guys... I said a good manager who showed ambition would have Watkins and Ampadu deciding to stay with us.