• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Caldwell out?

Gary Caldwell as our manager

• In

Votes: 228 59.7%
  • Out

Votes: 154 40.3%

• Total voters

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm not dismissing anyone BB. I have watched City in the third and fourth divisions (and non league) for many years. There were many games, under all sorts of different managers, that just drifted along. In fact the whole point of being a football fan is that you have to earn your moments of joy by enduring long periods of suffering or, at the very least, tedium. That's what makes the joy so joyous :)
There's drifting and there's drifting. For a lot of our history we've had no chance of achieving anything after Christmas other than maintaining our existence in the bottom tier. Plenty games I attended in the Nineties drifted along for that reason.

However there are definitely times now where we seem to deliberately want the game to drift, even when there's definitely something to play for. I guess the theory is if we have the ball and just pass it about in circles then the opposition can't hurt us. It's dull af but it works.

We8Argyle

GARY OUT-STANDING

Memphis09

I was wavering at one point to join the GC out clan but never did
so glad we are staying up
I do also think without all the injuries we had during that bad run we would easily of finished top half
Lets hope we sign two or three decent players and some good loans for next season and push on again
utc

suffolklad

And it begins 😀
Of course. Suck it up

scottus86

As promised, I said I'd change my vote at 50 points and league 1 secured for next season and I think we're there now. Well done to the players, management and board who kept the faith when so many of us thought it was fubar.

I see there's a little mini league of teams with 51 points, we should aim to top that by the end of the season which would see us finish 12th.

AndyR

Maybe it's time that some of the Chesterfield doom-mongers reappear now it looks like they have been proved wrong again, but I won't hold my breath.

Don't appoint GC he'll wreck your Club and take you back to L2 (Oct 2022). Don't let him sign anybody, all his signings are crap (Jan 2023) and you'll get relegated for sure. FACT: End of 2022-23 season, some distance from relegation, we finish 14th.

Spireites disappear until our bad run in Oct -Dec 2023, then: you must sack him now or you'll get relegated for sure. FACT: April 2024, not mathematically safe but we sit in 15th place, 11 points clear of the relegation places with 5 games left.

So what happened Spireites? You must be up for letting us know, as having won your own League (congratulations BTW), you can't have a lot else to discuss given the fact that your team is clearly on the beach having lost at home to bottom four Kidderminster today.....

Keep going GC, the players and all at the Club, we're doing fine thanks very much.

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
I was wavering at one point to join the GC out clan but never did
so glad we are staying up
I do also think without all the injuries we had during that bad run we would easily of finished top half
Lets hope we sign two or three decent players and some good loans for next season and push on again
utc
Everyone has injuries, most clubs worse than ours. Last few months we have hardly had anyone out.

ExmouthMart

Caldwell out if the results are pants and don’t show any signs of improvement. Remember an unprecedented amount of money was thrown at it in January on top of a decent for us budget already. Let’s hope we have this money for next season as well plus more and as we still need some obvious additions. A lot of people easily pleased. It’s still not an easy watch as games can go either way too often. Expectations have rightly increased and who wants to see us just hang on every season?! Credit to Caldwell for recent results but we need to maintain that and find some consistency.

JGrecian23

Maybe it's time that some of the Chesterfield doom-mongers reappear now it looks like they have been proved wrong again, but I won't hold my breath.

Don't appoint GC he'll wreck your Club and take you back to L2 (Oct 2022). Don't let him sign anybody, all his signings are crap (Jan 2023) and you'll get relegated for sure. FACT: End of 2022-23 season, some distance from relegation, we finish 14th.

Spireites disappear until our bad run in Oct -Dec 2023, then: you must sack him now or you'll get relegated for sure. FACT: April 2024, not mathematically safe but we sit in 15th place, 11 points clear of the relegation places with 5 games left.

So what happened Spireites? You must be up for letting us know, as having won your own League (congratulations BTW), you can't have a lot else to discuss given the fact that your team is clearly on the beach having lost at home to bottom four Kidderminster today.....

Keep going GC, the players and all at the Club, we're doing fine thanks very much.
Weird post.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Caldwell out if the results are pants and don’t show any signs of improvement. Remember an unprecedented amount of money was thrown at it in January on top of a decent for us budget already. Let’s hope we have this money for next season as well plus more and as we still need some obvious additions. A lot of people easily pleased. It’s still not an easy watch as games can go either way too often. Expectations have rightly increased and who wants to see us just hang on every season?! Credit to Caldwell for recent results but we need to maintain that and find some consistency.
Still need the 2 strikers we needed 2/3 seasons ago !