• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ethan Ampadu

Exehausted

I know it's only a show reel so you're seeing the best of the best, but that is very impressive. If Leeds do make it back to the Prem and Ethan performs like that on a regular basis, I can see the boys on MOTD picking him out for special praise on a regular basis. Just like they have with Ollie this season. If he speaks as well as Ollie, who gives more than the usual bland answers, I can see him given time after matches like Ollie, who seems to be featured after almost every game.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Maybe so, but I don't think you can judge Amp's to have had "mediocre" seasons without really knowing 😉
I'd do more due diligence if I was director of football at a club interested in signing him. I'm just a punter on a message board trying to make sense of why his stock declined and he went to the championship for £7M instead of midtable premiership for £20M. I don't think largish English clubs were salivating after watching the Verona years... Surmised by the lack of bids rather than viewing the games.

Pobbop

I'd do more due diligence if I was director of football at a club interested in signing him. I'm just a punter on a message board trying to make sense of why his stock declined and he went to the championship for £7M instead of midtable premiership for £20M. I don't think largish English clubs were salivating after watching the Verona years... Surmised by the lack of bids rather than viewing the games.
The point I was making originally was that they didn't give him a chance because he was playing for poor teams, and Chelsea made a huge mistake doing that considering his International quality and his versatility to play in a number of positions.

He's still young for his positions, they seem to have ****** up on this one. He's definitely worth more than 7 mill now.

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Maybe so, I can't claim to have watched a lot of Verona... but the fee is the fee. He wasn't on a lot of monied clubs radars at the time and would be very surprised if Chelsea let him go to Leeds for anything less than the most they felt they could've got.
I don't think you can fairly judge much about value on the basis of Chelsea's assessment of appropriate transfer fees...

Gilbert

I know it's only a show reel so you're seeing the best of the best, but that is very impressive. If Leeds do make it back to the Prem and Ethan performs like that on a regular basis, I can see the boys on MOTD picking him out for special praise on a regular basis. Just like they have with Ollie this season. If he speaks as well as Ollie, who gives more than the usual bland answers, I can see him given time after matches like Ollie, who seems to be featured after almost every game.
Funny you should say that. I heard him interviewed on Talk Sport earlier this week on a piece they did about Leeds. I have to say that I was struck by how well he did speak and conduct himself during that radio interview. I almost texted a message to the effect that not only does Exeter City produce some very good footballers, but also it appears to 'help' produce some very grounded young men. Needless to say, I was impressed. Anyone else hear it?

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
The point I was making originally was that they didn't give him a chance because he was playing for poor teams, and Chelsea made a huge mistake doing that considering his International quality and his versatility to play in a number of positions.

He's still young for his positions, they seem to have ****** up on this one. He's definitely worth more than 7 mill now.
Well, he'll be doing well if he can trump Salah, De Bruyne and Lukaku for fiddles chelsea couldn't get a tune out of. I just think he took a bit longer to get there... Fairly normal for his position. We'll see how he does in the prem, it's a big old jump.

ExeterCraic

I've watched almost every Leeds game this season, Ethan has barely put a foot wrong, his partnership with Rodon at CB post Christmas is a big reason Leeds managed to catch up to Leicester. They didn't show many of them in that video but he'll regularly dribble the ball forward around the press and out of defense to force the play a bit more if Leeds usual possession game isn't working. Leeds LB Firpo is poor defensively so Ethan often has to cover for his poor positioning as well.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I don't think you can fairly judge much about value on the basis of Chelsea's assessment of appropriate transfer fees...
Especially as a few million either way won't make much difference to them but would be significant to us.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Amps leading Leeds into second place just one point behind leaders Leicester but also only one point ahead of Ipswich in third place so nothing settled yet.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Amps leading Leeds into second place just one point behind leaders Leicester but also only one point ahead of Ipswich in third place so nothing settled yet.
Yes on 72mins Amps did a "Pedroesque" cushioned pass to Sommerville who should have scored but was a little caught out for Boro's 3rd.
Will be great to see him in Premiership again - now how many x academy players have that lot 40 mileish W of the "Fairer City" got playing in the Prem ....... ?