• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

2024 Summer Transfer Window

Bridgy 81

Bridgwater United have just signed a young striker from Minehead called Freddie Haden.
Despite not being based in one of football’s traditional hotbeds he nevertheless represented England at U18 schoolboy level last season.
I feel another email to Marcus coming on.

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
Bridgwater United have just signed a young striker from Minehead called Freddie Haden.
Despite not being based in one of football’s traditional hotbeds he nevertheless represented England at U18 schoolboy level last season.
I feel another email to Marcus coming on.
Yes I mean why isn't Marcus combing the Somerset County League lol 😆

Bridgy 81

Yes I mean why isn't Marcus combing the Somerset County League lol 😆
I think a young striker who’s just represented England at schoolboy level playing his football less than an hour drive from Exeter might be worth a look?

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
I think a young striker who’s just represented England at schoolboy level playing his football less than an hour drive from Exeter might be worth a look?
He may well be, but remember that is the England schoolboys U18'S for lads still in full time education rather than England U18'S. Having said that, James Norwood played for England schoolboys U18'S before he joined us from Eastbourne so you never know.

Bridgy 81

He may well be, but remember that is the England schoolboys U18'S for lads still in full time education rather than England U18'S. Having said that, James Norwood played for England schoolboys U18'S before he joined us from Eastbourne so you never know.
Good point, but if it comes to anything you heard it here first 🙂

DawlishBouy

Good point, but if it comes to anything you heard it here first 🙂
Very few ESFA under 18’s become pro footballers. The last Devonian to play for ESFA under 18’s was called Cianan Breen in 2015/16. His adult football "career" includes clubs such as Newton Abbot Spurs and Watts Blake Bearne.
Having said that Jordan Storey was in the ESFA under 18’s squad in 2014/15. That squad also included City academy player Frank Rosenwald who I last noticed playing for Hamworthy Recreation in the Wessex League.

Bridgy 81

Very few ESFA under 18’s become pro footballers. The last Devonian to play for ESFA under 18’s was called Cianan Breen in 2015/16. His adult football "career" includes clubs such as Newton Abbot Spurs and Watts Blake Bearne.
Having said that Jordan Storey was in the ESFA under 18’s squad in 2014/15. That squad also included City academy player Frank Rosenwald who I last noticed playing for Hamworthy Recreation in the Wessex League.
I’ve just messaged Marcus anyway.
When/if Freddie makes us millions you’ll all thank me 🙂

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think a certain Ryan Wilson also played for the England Schoolboys team before going on to represent Wales at senior level. He had a decent enough career.

DawlishBouy

I think a certain Ryan Wilson also played for the England Schoolboys team before going on to represent Wales at senior level. He had a decent enough career.
ESFA (English Schools Football Association) have under 15’s and under 18’s teams. The English FA run teams from under 15’s to under 21"s. Giggs played for THE England under 16’s not the ESFA under 15’s.

ryancooper327

🚨 Salford City, Bristol Rovers, Crewe Alexandra, Cambridge United, Stevenage and Gillingham are all among clubs interested in signing out of contract Exeter City midfielder Tom Carroll.

Not hard to have predict a correct transfer if you list loads of clubs! I might give it a go.

🚨 Exeter City WILL sign a player.