• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

2024 Summer Transfer Window

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Quality this summer must be the aim. I think we will have a number of squad players already signed but a GK (could well be loan again), 2 x CM - one hopefully being Ryan Woods, and 2 CF's. i think we are well stocked at the back, with 10's and out wide it's all about the middle players this summer. However, in comparison to last summer we at least have a better base up front with Cox and Alli already here. mo Eisa has shown however that even what appears a good addition doesn't always work out!
Are we as stocked as you think out wide? Rankine will be going back to Chelsea, Wildschutt may not get a new deal, Mitchell may well not sign again and all of a sudden we've only got half the wide players you think.

JGrecian23

All about creativity for me this summer. Fed up of reading about how many strikers we need. We all know we need 1 or 2, but without any creativity behind them we will continue to be low scoring and dull.

Everyone can dress it up as much as possible on here but Aitchison and Harris haven't been creative enough. Good energy but lack of creativity.

Nisknanen creates nothing from wide. Carroll very little, Woods may not be here.

Suddenly there is a huge emphasis on Reece to create everything.

We have to prioritise a real creative number 10 or 2 if we persist with the current tactics.

grecIAN Harris

All about creativity for me this summer. Fed up of reading about how many strikers we need. We all know we need 1 or 2, but without any creativity behind them we will continue to be low scoring and dull.

Everyone can dress it up as much as possible on here but Aitchison and Harris haven't been creative enough. Good energy but lack of creativity.

Nisknanen creates nothing from wide. Carroll very little, Woods may not be here.

Suddenly there is a huge emphasis on Reece to create everything.

We have to prioritise a real creative number 10 or 2 if we persist with the current tactics.
I think with the way we play you're looking at the wrong things from our tens. The creativity comes from the deeper players and width, the tens need to add more goals to their game. They should be hitting one in four. Aitchison is one in nine and Harris one in eight for there four and two goals so far. Jack really should be on double figures and Harris four or five by now

JGrecian23

I think with the way we play you're looking at the wrong things from our tens. The creativity comes from the deeper players and width, the tens need to add more goals to their game. They should be hitting one in four. Aitchison is one in nine and Harris one in eight for there four and two goals so far. Jack really should be on double figures and Harris four or five by now
I agree with you. I'm not a fan of stats when it comes to judging players but the numbers put up by our forward players have been shocking.

I do think we have space for a 1 Ryan Harley type luxury player to go with the industry of the others, but appreciate Caldwell won't go down thay route.

grecIAN Harris

I agree with you. I'm not a fan of stats when it comes to judging players but the numbers put up by our forward players have been shocking.

I do think we have space for a 1 Ryan Harley type luxury player to go with the industry of the others, but appreciate Caldwell won't go down thay route.
You've already got him in a different mould, Reece Cole. It's all about where it is best to fit him in the side. It maybe that you put him in one of the ten slots as he has already proven he is not adverse to finding the back of the net.

JGrecian23

You've already got him in a different mould, Reece Cole. It's all about where it is best to fit him in the side. It maybe that you put him in one of the ten slots as he has already proven he is not adverse to finding the back of the net.
I wouldn't be opposed to that, if we had the right players behind him. He certainly has the goal threat and can find the passes for the strikers.

Mid Devon Grecian

I wouldn't be opposed to that, if we had the right players behind him. He certainly has the goal threat and can find the passes for the strikers.
If we played with 1 no10 and two strikers then I could see Reece as the 10. A 3-4-1-2 type set up.

——————-Sinisalo———————
——Sweeney——Aimson——Jules——
—Niskanen—Woods—Carroll—Purrington
————————Cole—————————-
—————— Cox——-Alli———————

No room for Aitch who would have to play understudy to Reece.

I think that line up would offer more goals and entertainment.

grecIAN Harris

If we played with 1 no10 and two strikers then I could see Reece as the 10. A 3-4-1-2 type set up.

——————-Sinisalo———————
——Sweeney——Aimson——Jules——
—Niskanen—Woods—Carroll—Purrington
————————Cole—————————-
—————— Cox——-Alli———————

No room for Aitch who would have to play understudy to Reece.

I think that line up would offer more goals and entertainment.
But Caldwell doesn't play with one ten, he plays with two so renders what you're saying pointless as well you probably already realise. It's basically a choice of Aitchison or Harris to go beside Cole, assuming he is fit as he is struggling with a back injury (the reason he was on the bench at Cheltenham and probably yesterday).

Mid Devon Grecian

But Caldwell doesn't play with one ten, he plays with two so renders what you're saying pointless as well you probably already realise. It's basically a choice of Aitchison or Harris to go beside Cole, assuming he is fit as he is struggling with a back injury (the reason he was on the bench at Cheltenham and probably yesterday).
Yeah I know, not pointless to have an opinion though. We’ve struggled for goals Reece is both a goal scorer and creator. Playing with 2 no 10’s who are neither great creators or goal scorers seems to be a problem.

Banksy

Yes , Tranmere were the unfortunate recipients of the Covid cut in 2019/20 .For some reason another table gives their final points as 34 but yes that’s a false one.The rest of the table just illustrate that it is theoretically possible but we’ve certainly as much chance of going down as one of our players has of getting getting into double figures goal wise.
Although the way Cole is going he might yet make it!