• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

2024 Summer Transfer Window

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Were they offered new deals?
yes both twice

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Hartridge and Kite didn’t get a special section on ours despite being offered deals. Listed under ‘players out of contract and departing’ the same as everyone else.
That was because they were offered deals by City yonks ago, turned them down and said they were leaving this summer. City accepted that they would not be staying and so haven't renewed those rejected offers. So ,as of the retained list date, there were no (pointless) City contract offers on the table for them.

StudentGrecian

That was because they were offered deals by City yonks ago, turned them down and said they were leaving this summer. City accepted that they would not be staying and so haven't renewed those rejected offers. So ,as of the retained list date, there were no (pointless) City contract offers on the table for them.
I know this. I was replying to SaintJames in relation to Dan Kemp. Just because he is ‘not retained’ on MK’s list doesn’t mean the club didn’t try and keep him, as with us and those two.

denzel

Just to be realistic about the market we are in. Peterborough have had a bid for Altrincham striker Chris Conn-Clarke rejected. If they can't afford him, we have no chance. Posh do love a double barreled striker though..

Antony Moxey

Just to be realistic about the market we are in. Peterborough have had a bid for Altrincham striker Chris Conn-Clarke rejected. If they can't afford him, we have no chance. Posh do love a double barreled striker though..

Yes but who says their bid was realistic, or that they value him the same as we might do? Didn't Mansfield offer a bid of about £200k for Watkins a couple of months before he was sold for nearly ten times that? Doesn't mean they couldn't afford to go higher, I'd imagine most teams start with a low ball number when out shopping. Plus they might not rate him that highly to go big numbers - we might and might be prepared to pay more.

So I wouldn't say that that means they can't afford him, nor that we couldn't either.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster

MacAntony, the Peterborough chairman said this story is false, when he was talking about it on his podcast. Now, he may well be fibbing, but he basically said don’t believe everything you read.

simcity

MacAntony, the Peterborough chairman said this story is false, when he was talking about it on his podcast. Now, he may well be fibbing, but he basically said don’t believe everything you read.
I’m pretty sure he’s said that about every player he’s signed from us and then 48 hours later the deal gets confirmed.

The guy is full of crap!

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I’m pretty sure he’s said that about every player he’s signed from us and then 48 hours later the deal gets confirmed.

The guy is full of crap!
I know he did with Tom Nichols.

I think saying he’s full of crap is harsh though. He’s actually much more open than many owners - I quite like him.

Grecian Max

Yes but who says their bid was realistic, or that they value him the same as we might do? Didn't Mansfield offer a bid of about £200k for Watkins a couple of months before he was sold for nearly ten times that? Doesn't mean they couldn't afford to go higher, I'd imagine most teams start with a low ball number when out shopping. Plus they might not rate him that highly to go big numbers - we might and might be prepared to pay more.

So I wouldn't say that that means they can't afford him, nor that we couldn't either.
Peteborough will always outbid us in the transfer market

He's a very "them" signing - outstanding in the non-league, picked up and then probably developed into an even better player

Millenic shows we are starting to look more in this direction. Not been many, Wheeler probably the most successful for us since our return to the league.

Antony Moxey

Peteborough will always outbid us in the transfer market
Depends how badly they want the player.