• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

2024 Summer Transfer Window

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
Would be s*#te to pay money for a player and he leaves on a free within a year.

Grecian Max

Is the lack of news on extensions and signings because there is no news to report or because they have been agreed but we are waiting for management and media staff to be fully back at work before the deals are finalised and/or announced properly?
I think that's wishful thinking tbh, if we had something to announce I'm sure it would be

I'm not as convinced by the relatively inexperienced Flitcroft as others are, could well be hamstrung though by that famous "bottom two" budget...

My revised view of Caldwell's year was that he needs very specific players at a very specific level of technical ability to pull off the football he wants - this also clealry needs a lot of coaching, which to his credit did pay dividends towards the end of the season

To give him and us the best chance we really do need to get this spine sorted and not rely on loans

Grecian Max

Would be s*#te to pay money for a player and he leaves on a free within a year.
Would be a terrible deal that for sure - he was brought in quite late on in the summer (28th July) so perhaps the ball was in his court

Bridgy 81

Would be a terrible deal that for sure - he was brought in quite late on in the summer (28th July) so perhaps the ball was in his court
And there was me thinking signing him was the club’s birthday present to me.
Maybe they plan to buy me an even better one this year?

Antony Moxey

Talk about putting two and two together and getting 863.

Grecian Max

And there was me thinking signing him was the club’s birthday present to me.
Maybe they plan to buy me an even better one this year?
Perhaps being a summer baby gives you more optimism? I was born in the depths of winter 🥶

Grecian Max

Talk about putting two and two together and getting 863.
Where? Can we not pontificate over the window?

I very clearly remember being told we were going to sort the forward line out for the entire summer last year 😂 Not to mention that Nombe wouldn't leave

The evidence of the last two summers in League One is one of a struggle to get a full squad together

If Jules leaves having paid a fee for him it's really poor business

Hartridge wasn't happy at with how he was managed at City apparently and could well have stayed if GC rated him (decent source). I know the club did a good job to send him off well but apparently it wasn't just a case of Hartridge wanting out

Jules mugging us off leaves a fair bit of work to do IMO

Last edited:

milts

I’ll be very disappointed if Jules leaves. Very good player for us and you’d think there would be at least some loyalty.

Corey

I think that's wishful thinking tbh, if we had something to announce I'm sure it would be

I'm not as convinced by the relatively inexperienced Flitcroft as others are, could well be hamstrung though by that famous "bottom two" budget...

My revised view of Caldwell's year was that he needs very specific players at a very specific level of technical ability to pull off the football he wants - this also clealry needs a lot of coaching, which to his credit did pay dividends towards the end of the season

To give him and us the best chance we really do need to get this spine sorted and not rely on loans
This is why I’m surprised that we’re so happy to wait so long to get our business done, Caldwell’s style is clearly very complicated and requires a lot of coaching and time to get right… surely getting players in early in preseason would be preferable to get them integrated into the style

Grecian Max

This is why I’m surprised that we’re so happy to wait so long to get our business done, Caldwell’s style is clearly very complicated and requires a lot of coaching and time to get right… surely getting players in early in preseason would be preferable to get them integrated into the style
I think they're trying and have tried over the last two summers but we're hamstrung by budget and potentially not enough contacts/experience on the recruiting side

The best signings under GC have very clearly come from him rather than MF, couple that with Taylor leaving after what was a pretty dismal 2022 window and I do have question marks

On the flipside we have had good Januarys twice in a row

I'm optimistic from the coaching side but we have to give him the tools as when those aren't good enough - well... just look at that winter run