• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

A parade

Red red

Hoping Spotlight do show it as I can’t make it from South Glos

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
Hoping Spotlight do show it as I can’t make it from South Glos
They have already allocated a 10 Second slot so you should be fine

Thinking about it, in the unlikely event of ALL results going the right way they could be filming one set of celebrations in front of the Big Bank and another in front of the away end.

#mutualpitchinvasions
Can't happen, for PV to get auto place they would need to win & Mansfield not to win so FGR would end up above city.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Can't happen, for PV to get auto place they would need to win & Mansfield not to win so FGR would end up above city.
That's a relief. Imagine it will be difficult enough to choreograph one set of celebrations, let alone two!

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
I was taking it for granted there will be a trophy presentation to whichever team emerges on top. With a little luck, we'll get a stage, some ticker-tape streamers, and fireworks too!
Really hope so as couldn't see what was goung on after the Barrow game :)

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Really hope so as couldn't see what was goung on after the Barrow game :)
Without wishing to tempt fate, I think we have to accept that if everything goes to plan there will almost certainly be another pitch invasion.

I have no problem with that but do hope that after a few minutes everyone will retreat from the pitch so the players can be presented with the League Two trophy and embark on a well-deserved lap of honour in full sight of everyone.

Spoonz Red E

Very well known Exeweb poster
Without wishing to tempt fate, I think we have to accept that if everything goes to plan there will almost certainly be another pitch invasion.

I have no problem with that but do hope that after a few minutes everyone will retreat from the pitch so the players can be presented with the League Two trophy and embark on a well-deserved lap of honour in full sight of everyone.
I know the Club have a mandatory duty to officially dissuade pitch invasions but, like you say, it will happen.
An announcement on the tannoy and scoreboard will hopefully be made to explain the presentation procedures so we can all make the best of both.
And, of course, there are plans for post match celebrations away from the pitch afterwards.

Can't wait!

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
I know the Club have a mandatory duty to officially dissuade pitch invasions but, like you say, it will happen.
An announcement on the tannoy and scoreboard will hopefully be made to explain the presentation procedures so we can all make the best of both.
And, of course, there are plans for post match celebrations away from the pitch afterwards.

Can't wait!
Sounds like a plan. Also, no criticism whatsoever of anyone intended here, but if the players also retreat en masse to the dressing room after the initial hullabaloo has subsided then it might help encourage those who've taken to the pitch to return to wherever they came from pending their return.

Last edited:

fred binneys head

I’ve said it before but I hope we’ve got sufficient stewards at the away end to prevent a Vale pitch invasion too as it could get ugly if everyone comes on.

elginCity

Rotherham had their last game on Saturday and promotion parade earlier today. Can't help thinking a midweek parade would generate larger numbers, but this is only a hunch and not a criticism as there could be many factors why Monday was chosen.