• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Accounts (year end 2022)

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
It's not about the ground capacity then its about the size of the crowd NOW compared to 2002!
Well, obviously! But the catering and toilets in the Bank was always inadequate whenever that stand was anywhere near full in the early 2000s.

Last edited:

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
I’ve not got the average attendance to hand for 2002/03 but I’d guess they are around half what they are this season.
Well yes but if you build a stand that has a maximum capacity of 'x' then the facilities should be capable of servicing the maximum capacity.

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Well yes but if you build a stand that has a maximum capacity of 'x' then the facilities should be capable of servicing the maximum capacity.
This is Exeter City at SJP we are talking about not the Emirates. 😎

The facilities under the SASS are ample for that stand. Unfortunately the one on the BB stadium way & the one for the Selco Stand were built under a previous regime. If there was a blank piece of paper to build again within the current owner ownership model, it would be very different.

Colesman Ballz

It’s not allowed to sell cans(or bring them in) in the ground under ground safety regs.
It will be fun whent environmental regulations are added into the mix and the use of plastic bottles gets banned. Guess that we would end up having to dispese drinks into large paper cups then ! 😎

Oldsmobile-88

It will be fun whent environmental regulations are added into the mix and the use of plastic bottles gets banned. Guess that we would end up having to dispese drinks into large paper cups then ! 😎
That already happens at St Andrews, Birmingham CB..

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
Circa £7-10M as you would have to dismantle the existing stand in order to excavate underneath it
Goodness. As said wasn't a serious suggestion was just curious.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
This is Exeter City at SJP we are talking about not the Emirates. 😎

The facilities under the SASS are ample for that stand. Unfortunately the one on the BB stadium way & the one for the Selco Stand were built under a previous regime. If there was a blank piece of paper to build again within the current owner ownership model, it would be very different.
Yes I know that. That's why I called then incompetent. When the Bank was redeveloped, with a capacity of approximately 4k, the facilities that were added were not capable of servicing 4k punters. That's all I'm saying. Quite what the Emirates has to do with it I don't know.

Oldsmobile-88

Yes I know that. That's why I called then incompetent. When the Bank was redeveloped, with a capacity of approximately 4k, the facilities that were added were not capable of servicing 4k punters. That's all I'm saying. Quite what the Emirates has to do with it I don't know.
Tongue in cheek comment SRJ hence the emoji

My point really was the rebuild of the BB in 1999 was done with FL grants & probably on the cheap, I doubt that catering servicing came into the equation.
What fans expect(rightly so) these days on a match day experience is higher, back then expectations were much lower.

Goodness. As said wasn't a serious suggestion was just curious.
Circa £7-10M as you would have to dismantle the existing stand in order to excavate underneath it
That is an interesting statement, what is the source for this costing?

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
That is an interesting statement, what is the source for this costing?
The current Big Bank is currently constructed on top of hundreds and hundreds of tonnes of spoil of what was the former Big Bank. To access the spoil and take it to land fill would require the demolition of the existing Big Bank. You would then need to land fill the demolition of the existing BB (you may be able to salvage the roof but the rest would need to be dug up in order to access the spoil underneath). Therefore, my estimated costs of £7-10M would involve demolition of the existing stand and two lots of landfill costs. That gets you a level building site! Then you need to reconstruct the new Big Bank with all the associated facilities people want. Of course the length of time to do all this would take in the region of two seasons therefore you also have to factor in the loss of income from how ever many the Bank holds (2,000+). Perhaps my estimate of £7-10M was conservative but whatever the cost was you would never in our lifetime be able to sell enough pasties and sausage rolls to pay it back :)